Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't need this bike, but wow, what a beauty! $4,500 for a 178 mile bike, kept in this guy's home as a showpiece for years, nothing touched on it, same factory tires, almost zero patina. Guy sent me about 50 close-ups, and this bike is MINT. Beautiful Spaniard! I'd have to keep it in my study and take it to MC shows...it's that nice. In this condition, rare as hen's teeth. Anyone know much about the Montesa? Eye candy for sure. It resides in TX, I'm in WA. May have to take a chance. How does the price seem?

View attachment 52140

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
It is more of a trials bike than an enduro or motocross. The tyres look like trails universal, not knobbies. But the main clue is the front fender being close to the wheel. Shouldn't take too long to get it dirty.
They were a good bike bike in the 2 stroke days.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
Well I'm curious as to how much they were new if $4,500 gets it now. Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The only price "guide" I could find was with NADA. They have it listed as being worth $4,400 in "Excellent" condition. I'd say if it truly is that pristine, and it revs yer motor, it would be worth it!

Reactions: 122178

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is more of a trials bike than an enduro or motocross. The tyres look like trails universal, not knobbies. But the main clue is the front fender being close to the wheel. Shouldn't take too long to get it dirty.
They were a good bike bike in the 2 stroke days.

UK
I think I smell Green Label Blendzall! :)

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only price "guide" I could find was with NADA. They have it listed as being worth $4,400 in "Excellent" condition. I'd say if it truly is that pristine, and it revs yer motor, it would be worth it!
Thanks! This bike surpasses "excellent" for sure. Museum stuff here. It revs my motor, but I don't want to rev it's motor. I have a motorcycle disease! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
what a beauty! $4,500 for a 178 mile bike,... How does the price seem?
Don't think that is a question that really could be adequately answered for that "style" of bike -- the primary relative questions seem to be, does it please the buyer and does the buyer's account have that much in it... certainly a gem, but I can't picture it out thrashing about in the woods... too many less-expensive utility bikes available for that...

-- Larry

·
Vintage Rider
424 Posts
Very reasonably priced, according to "The Comprehensive Vintage Motorcycle Price Guide" which places top condition at $6200. This is the guide used by Hagerty and many insurance companies. Usually a little less than NADA but not in this case. The 247T is a trials bike. If you've ever shopped for a vintage trials bike, you'll understand just how rare one is in mint condition. They were meant to be used in a way that would cause many falls and crashes. Whoever buys it will surely not enter it in any competition but merely display or ride carefully so as to preserve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts