Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bikers on the ice look like they're having a good time. The civilian drone use is what caught my eye and maybe my imagination.

The DJI F550 Hexacopter drone is listed on Amazon for $3,299. Click here to see details.

Looks like a good platform for a GoPro, albiet very expensive. Video seems nice and steady. Viewing is best using full screen

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thats way cool!! I wish I could afford one. I bet if a person got really good at filming with one of those, they could make their money back pretty quick.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Yeah, they do look like they're having fun!

But 3,000 clams to film someone ELSE having fun? I can't see I'd ever feel good about that. I'd rather spend the money on a dirt bike and some spiked tires.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
Around here a lot of people are getting them. There are decent units out there for a couple of hundred bucks on up. Like everything, you get what you pay for. The storm chasers have started using them to record the damage in a tornado's wake, or just some impressive cloud shots.

Also been some used to spy on livestock farming operations to see if EPA rules are followed. News agencies are using them to get stories.

A PETA group used a drone to film a live pigeon shoot and an irritated participant shot it down.

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A PETA group used a drone to film a live pigeon shoot and an irritated participant shot it down.
PETA probably wouldn't like this either. A video of a ram named Rambro taking down a drone by "ramming" it. Wouldn't you think the drone operator could DODGE a RAM? :biggrin:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,443 Posts
Come on Eye, even after a nights sleep you had to repeat. Admit defeat my friend. Oz rammed it to you.

Hey it took me all night and this morning to come up with something as weak as it is

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't been a good shepherd for this thread. I doubt many will flock here to read the puns. Too much rambling. Maybe we should sheep shank the puns. I'm getting hungry for some chops.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts