Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Justa anutta Human......
728 Posts
Same here.....
Just like the E15 fuel....
Full of less energy.....
Nnnn then we have to run additive to get that back...

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
E15 is garbage IMO, seen a lot of what it does. More importantly in my book, though, is it's made from corn. Corn is food. Too many hungry people in the world to burn food.

:dismounts soapbox:

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
E15 is garbage IMO, seen a lot of what it does. More importantly in my book, though, is it's made from corn. Corn is food. Too many hungry people in the world to burn food.

:dismounts soapbox:
All ethanol is garbage, that I agree with 100%. There are food crops that could be grown from the land, but this corn is not food. It is a corn made just for ethanol production. The hazardous waste that comes from the distillery process is then fed to animals that are grown for food. The same government that will not allow the mesh to be disposed of in landfills because it is hazardous, says that it's okay to feed the cattle and pigs we eat. It is also used in most animal feeds including cat food and dog food. Our pets are being poisoned at the same time.

The reason ethanol is so popular among farmers is because the government has their hands in it and gives farmers incentives to grow the corn for fake fuel. Nevermind that for every gallon of ethanol produced, it takes 3.5 gallons of fresh, potable drinking water. The other thing is it takes so much in chemicals to grow the corn that our ground water is being poisoned and there are no real treatments to make it drinkable.

If all we grew was food crops, there would be so much food that we couldn't give it away, and the price for the farmer would be so low that they would just let ground sit idle.

It's all about subsidies for the farmers and lobbyist contributions to the pols.

·
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just clicked on it and it came right up.

Go to: www.motorcycle.com Scroll down for the story.

The Gubmit keeps forcing things down the consumer's throat's. Could this be a surrepticious/ backdoor way to make folks get rid of their older gasoline powered vehicles and accept the new "Peoples car." Der Volkswagen;)

Knowing that they, the Gubmit would have an almost civil war on their hands to actually take our gun's away, they have adopted a backdoor way by artifically creating ammunition panic by buying up HUGE quantities for all of the alphabet agencies, to create shortages. Limiting quantities and very excessive taxation is next, that will force owners to "turn them in," to avoid tax penalties that can escalate into confiscation of ALL personal property.

Oh well, we ol' vets and country boys will survive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwzYhVL5Sc

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
The site was down for a while, it's back up now.

There is no ammo shortage, some stores and shops are holding it back to justify their high prices and the hoarders are still thinking they can get rich on selling ammo. That isn't going to happen because most people have ammo and the ability to reload it. Another reason some ammo is harder to find is because since the obama administration started going after guns, a lot of new people that never thought it was necessary found it to be necessary to buy guns for the first time. A lot of 22's have been sold and ammo is needed to feed them.

The guvmint has always bought large amounts of ammo, this is nothing new and isn't creating a shortage at the retail level.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
You know... I have never seen so many ass-backward things than how the government influences the automotive industry.

They continuously shove fuels down our throats that would destroy a lot of brand new vehicles. They push for vehicles which have very little practicality outside of select few circumstances, and that we barely have ANY sort of infrastructure in place to support. With just these two things, the government is pushing us deeper and deeper into a pit that we will not be able to climb out of.

On the subject of alternate fuels, I know of no fuel out there that is an effective replacement for gasoline in spark ignition internal combustion engines. Now, for diesel engines, they already make alternate fuels using waste cooking oils which has proven to be very safe for engines, and doesn't even require modifications. Unfortunately, the government does not wish to support this.

They DO support propane powered diesel trucks, but the only way that has any practicality is fleet vehicles, such as city buses.

Then you have the electric vehicles. The government will subsidize that, but what sort of infrastructure is there to support it? Very little. If you own one, be prepared for it to have to charge for a good length of time every time you go any distance.

What of these hybrid vehicles? Well, those are heavily subsidized as well. A huge chunk of the expenses are the hazardous batteries they use. You know what, though, those batteries AIN'T REALLY NEEDED! Do you see huge battery packs inside a diesel/electric locomotive? Eenope. You have a diesel engine turning over a big generator. Now, how much engine would it require to turn over a generator sufficient to produce the wattage required to move a mid size car around? You could probably use a sufficiently small engine to achieve comparable economy of that you get from the 250 Ninja.

Yet, for some reason... the government wants to push these ass-backward ideas that make little to no sense.

·
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qwd426AzDcap2Yu7Q&sig2=ctdgdwgLDd8u1pB2KUXHpg

A lot of the ammunition shortage was/ is caused by normal citizens purchasing as much as they can because of fears that the Government was buying up as much as they could WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS, a proven fact.

Do you remember a month ago when the Obummer administration revealed that they wanted to outlaw .223 ammunition? This is one of the most popular cartridges out there, used for all kinds of legitimate hunting and target practice by good folks all over the country. See they tried to justify this because the caliber is a NATO round as is the 9mm, which is probably next on their list.

I owned a Gun sales and repair business for four years in the Republic of California so I know a little about the situation. I also reload almost every caliber known to mortal man.:wink:

One fast and heavy car or pickup, driven at a high rate of speed and steered into a large crowd could theoretically kill many, many people. Lets ban motor vehicles out of fear that a few could use this as a venue of mass destruction.

Thank GOD terrorist only know how to ride camel's---with two humps so they don't fall off:icon_mad:

One word from the FED and the stock market falls, gas prices go up, amongst other things. We are constantly manipulated and played like a fiddle.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
An all the time they are wasting natural gas by flaring it. When they could have taken all their money for E15 and made every gas station capable to refuel natural gas. Nope. just burn it off.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qwd426AzDcap2Yu7Q&sig2=ctdgdwgLDd8u1pB2KUXHpg

A lot of the ammunition shortage was/ is caused by normal citizens purchasing as much as they can because of fears that the Government was buying up as much as they could WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS, a proven fact.

Do you remember a month ago when the Obummer administration revealed that they wanted to outlaw .223 ammunition? This is one of the most popular cartridges out there, used for all kinds of legitimate hunting and target practice by good folks all over the country. See they tried to justify this because the caliber is a NATO round as is the 9mm, which is probably next on their list.

I owned a Gun sales and repair business for four years in the Republic of California so I know a little about the situation. I also reload almost every caliber known to mortal man.:wink:

One fast and heavy car or pickup, driven at a high rate of speed and steered into a large crowd could theoretically kill many, many people. Lets ban motor vehicles out of fear that a few could use this as a venue of mass destruction.

Thank GOD terrorist only know how to ride camel's---with two humps so they don't fall off:icon_mad:

One word from the FED and the stock market falls, gas prices go up, amongst other things. We are constantly manipulated and played like a fiddle.

I heard that it was just the standard green tip military ball ammo they was trying to ban...

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
They floated the ban for just the green tip ammo in BATF regulations to see if it would be noticed. After the public outcry, they claimed it was a misprint in the regulations and quickly withdrew the mandate.

I suspect they planned on quietly expanding the list to eventually cover virtually all rifle ammunition under the excuse that it could penetrate light ballistic armor.

This was not a proposed law or bill. It was a bureaucratic mandate made by unelected and unaccountable officials. Expect a lot of new rules like this to be put forward in many different aspects of everyday life. The congress does not want to be held accountable for anything, so new laws are being effectively written and enforced without going through the constitutional process.

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Not sure how this turned into a thread about the SS109 ban, but thought I would point out that the BATFE has just shelved the ban "for now" <There exact words form the press release. Keep you eyes open gentlemen, that one will surely come back.

As for Ethanol, the AMA has been fighting the implementation of E15, and has backers in congress. I heard a show on NPR a few months back talking about ethanol and all the unforeseen environmental effects. If I can find a link to the podcast, I will post it.
Basically, the little that is gained by putting alcohol in petrol is greatly offset by the other negatives it generates, such as pollution in production, damage to vehicles, increased use of fertilizer so the farmers can plant on marginal land. On top of the fact that it is only profitable because of gov't subsidies.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
What little I know about E-15. Both of my cars, my bike, my lawn mower, my chain saw, my emergency generator and my string trimmer all say in the owner's manuals that fuels containing any methanol or ethanol over 10% will void the respective warranties. Unless the gubmint wants to replace all of my powered equipment, they can keep their noses out of my fuel choices.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Cash? Well I guess so. They are printing enough of the worthless stuff. That is going to blow up beyond all imagination someday.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ethanol fuels were a stupid idea from the beginning and they continue to be stupid today. They don't work from either an environmental standpoint or an economic one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts