Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
20,004 Posts
Is this recent or years ago? I have two old wildcat calibers and they work just fine. But I got them back in 1999 or 2000 time frame I think.
.22-250 Ackley Improved
730 Waters

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
I quit buying them probably 25 years ago. I went to RCBS instead, at the time, every dime had a place to go, so I bought as cheap as I could. I still use some of the RCBS dies, but every set has a Hornady replacement.

I don't do that many rifle calibers anymore, since the wife took up shooting, I spend most of my time keeping her in handgun ammo. She goes through about 8 pounds of Bullseye a year.

·
American Legion Rider
20,004 Posts
Almost sounds like they may have switched vendors or at least spec's. Their new crimp die seems to be a love or hate thing though. I have one caliber that I really like it on because standard crimping would crush the brass trying to get it done tight. And yeah RCBS is the go do place for just about any caliber you want especially wildcats.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
I had a Hornady die that I couldn't adjust the crimp on, just an 1/8th of a turn would go from no crimp to crush. Took it back to them and they were gone for about three minutes and brought back a new die set. No more problems.

I also like RCBS in that if a part breaks or wears out, it's easy to just buy the part that is needed. Shipping is a little expensive from them, but they always have the parts I needed.

I love loading, it is one of the most peaceful and relaxing things I do. I don't do precision loading because I am more into just shooting paper in the back yard than anything else. Hunting just doesn't have the glamour it once had to me. Turning good money into noise is fun!

61 - 64 of 64 Posts