Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

New member from the Lacrosse, WI area. Coulee Region, Driftless Area, Mississippi Valley...call it what you will; it's a great area to be a rider.

I've been riding almost continually since buying my first bike in 1995; here's the list of bikes
1995 Honda Shadow VLX 600 bought new in 1995, sold in fall of 1996.

1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 A; bought in spring of 1999 after 2 years without a scoot.

2004 Victory Vegas; bought new in Feb. 2006. Met it's end in an encounter with a turkey in Sept. 2008.

2008 Victory Vegas bought in Feb 2009. Currently 38k on the clock.

My riding is mostly day trips, both solo and with a small group of friends. Not big on large groups, but occasionally smaller charity rides and poker runs.
I try to get in a few weekend trips and at least one longer tour in each year.

Ride often, ride far, ride safe.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you've had some good bikes. I'm also from the Mississippi River Valley but quite a bit south of you.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That Vegas is a killer bike. I am riding a '13 Vision but my favorite among the steel frame Victory line is the Vegas Jackpot.

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome.
Yeah, I love the Vegas. Sexy as hell and rides as good as it looks.

Oldman47 said:
I am riding a '13 Vision but my favorite among the steel frame Victory line is the Vegas Jackpot.
The Jackpots look cool, but personally I'm not really into the fat tire thing as they tend to corner like dumptrucks. Too many twisty roads here for that:wink:

MONI said:
I'm also from the Mississippi River Valley but quite a bit south of you.
Where about are you in Missouri? I've ridden the GRR as far south as Louisiana, MO

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so now that I can post some pics, here is a little history of my scoots.

In 1995 I bought my first bike, a 1995 Honda Shadow VLX 600. My cousin had to pick it up because I didn't even have my endorsement yet.
I don't have any digital photos of the bike tho.

In 1999 I bought a used 95 Kawasaki Vulcan with 2400 miles on it. A few years later I tore it down for some personalizing. Paint was done by a friend, most other work was done by me and a few buddies.
Not very good picture as it is a scan of a photograph.

Custom paint and powder coating, Mustang seat, drag bars, Ness mirrors, Kury Akyn grips and pegs, forward controls modified to fit the bike, Hard Krome pipes, Factory jet kit and modified S+S air cleaner cover, and a few other tidbits.

My 2004 Vegas, bought new in 2006; then customized over the winter of 07-08.

Again custom paint. Powder coated swingarm, rear pulley, and foot controls to match paint. Victory performance exhaust, Kingpin seat and pillon (for comfort) steel cables, plus other stuff.

The paint on both of the about bikes were done by my best friend
http://www.briarz.com/ shameless plug

Current scoot.
2008 Vegas
When I wheeled it out of the trailer in Feb. 09.

Most of my mods to this bike have been more for comfort and longer miles than appearance. (guess I'm either getting older or smarter)
Here it is in touring mode.

Memphis shades windshield, again Kingpin seat (stock Vegas seat is terrible) braided cables, Quick detach saddlebags.

Next bike? Who knows? Thinking of adding a Super Tenere or KLR to the stable before spring:icon_cool:

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
We also have a Victory...Vision. Victory has some beautiful bikes.

We also love to ride the GRR! We're about 35 miles south of St. Louis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts