Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greeting, i am here to learn and learn more from those who know :) my first ride is a 2001 yamaha virago that came with 1800 original miles and has sat quietly in a garage for 9 years. glad to be here.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum Oatsie. I commute to DC from Bowie. Get that bike on the road and maybe I'll see you around town. Since I started riding my bike to work the beltway traffic never gets me down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes! she is at Precision as we speak, as i dropped her off saturday. Tom, the owner, is putting her up on the lift tomorrow(they are closed today). we looked into the gas tank and it was a good sign he said. new battery is going to be needed and the carburetor cleaned-up. then, we'll see what we must do next. waiting for the MVA to get back to me on their tutorial classes in Largo. yes i intend to drive her all over.. :71baldboy:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone ! yes i will be all over town close in maryland and middle burg Va for starters ! oh and purchased a new helmut. going to be so much fun

·
All I remember is Dirt Sky Dirt Ambulance....
640 Posts
Grew up in Bethesda MD. If you can ride in DC, you can ride anywhere.

Be careful out there, the concentration of morons are greatest inside the beltway (we don't really need further proof of that, do we?)....:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what is the chrome cover called, there's one on the left and on the right…the left chrome cover housing is missing and i want to replace it? …but cannot figure out what it is called…on the left side it covers just a few wires. as one is seated on the machine it is just above knee level. it is a 2001 virago xv250. thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts