Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I picked up a 1970 to 80 Suzuki for 50 bucks it had no ownership but I thought I could get one but I can't seem to figure out what it is on the oil reservoir its a two-stroke btw it says gt550 and it says the same on the gas tank but every time I google it the bike that comes up is a three-cylinder this particular bike is a parallel twin does anyone know what it is

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not a 550 which were Triples. Use a Vin decoder, the fifth letter or second letter after the JS1 tells you what size range your motor is.

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,066 Posts
I had USE of a GT550 smoker once when I was still a green rider, and I thought it was a twin. One day I was climbing on and starting it and it ran bad talked to the guy who owned it and said check the middle plug. I was like What??!!? LOL loved them days, just ride them and not be all caught up in technicalities.

Vin decoder is the best way though to figure out a lot about the bike.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Just to be sure. How many header pipes, and how many spark plugs does it have. The twin 500 was a T500, for Titan I think. The 550 has an air scoop on top of the cylinder heads. Can you post a pic.

Google can find both bikes for me. Also motorcyclespecifications.com

UK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts