Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out my rear caliper on my 04XB12R due to some striped threads, and put new Ferodo pads in. I have noticed that the pads are wearing uneven. The pads against the piston seems to be thinner in running them for the last few weeks. I replaced my rotor also and have noticed that the same pad is not wearing the rotor near as smooth as the other side. I checked again to confirm the pads are seated correct and the brakes have been bleed very well with the MityVac. Should I be very concerned. I do have some new OEM pads I could put in place of them. What do you guys think?

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
My first guess would be that one side of the brake caliper is binding, not allowing it to move toward the disk as the brakes are applied.

·
Super Moderator
1,579 Posts
Did you clean & lube the slide pins when you had it apart? Are the calipers cocked to one side, with pressure on them, or "neutral". I've only used Genuine Buell parts on my Cyclone, but Ferodo has a great rep.......I'd suspect something else amiss before blaming it on aftermarket pads. Just my
.02:D

·
Banned
919 Posts
Did you clean & lube the slide pins when you had it apart? Are the calipers cocked to one side, with pressure on them, or "neutral". I've only used Genuine Buell parts on my Cyclone, but Ferodo has a great rep.......I'd suspect something else amiss before blaming it on aftermarket pads. Just my
.02:D
Agreed, it's not the pads. Rather, it is a malfunctioning caliper assembly that needs to be cleaned and lubed for proper movement. The slide pins are more than likely dry from grit and binding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts