Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
It certainly would be worth checking out. I bought my Suzuki C90 last fall. It is a 2007 and had exactly 2890 miles when I looked at it. It had been meticulously maintained and I have had absolutely zero issues with it (except replacing the original weather checked tires). So my point is, it just might be jewel, but you’ll have to check it very carefully.

Reactions: Dmchord

·
Registered
32 Posts
Potential for a sweet deal, there. But be aware -- I have responded to many Craiglist ads, successfully once. The other three or four times it was either an attempted scam or a completely misrepresented mess being advertised with a picture of somebody else's bike.
It’s rather funny to me, your mentioning how many scams or mis representations occur on Craigs list and others. I have been pretty lucky and have not had that experience for anything that I have checked out to buy. In fact, when I went to look at the C90 last fall, it had been listed on CL, and the pictures very poorly represented the bike. I had almost convinced myself to not even look at it. It was three hours away. But, away I went, and after seeing it in person and thoroughly checking it over, I really wanted this bike. It was so much better in person. So, the negotiations began. The tires were original and shot, so that was a big issue to convince the seller that his asking price was a bit high. But, obviously we came to an agreeable price, and home it came with me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts