Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
It looks like it could be a fair deal. Bike prices vary depending on which part of the country you're in. Bring an experienced rider, or better yet, a motorcycle mechanic with you when you go to look at the bike. A friend that rides will know real quick if something is working the way it should or not. Your friend will also be able to give you an idea if something is a quick and easy fix or not and at least a ball park idea on what it will cost to repair.

If there are a few problems, and you still want the bike and you know about what it will cost to fix, you may get a better price on it. Or your buddy might tell you everything is fine with the bike and you will feel a bit more confident with your purchase. Look online for problems with that particular make and model bike. But keep in mind unhappy people complain. If they made a million of those bikes, and thirty people are complaining about something, that's a pretty darn good bike!

You can't have too much information when you go to look at the bike. It does look good, and I hope its a very good bike. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I bought my 950 V star , 2013 for $4000.
My opinion is that this bike is really heavy for a beginning rider.

He is also 52 years old. I'd think he would have the maturity to decide for himself if the bike is to big, but if he were in his teens or early 20's, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts