Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m finishing my MSF course tomorrow, and chomping at the bit to get my first bike. (I’m 52, 5,8” and average strength.) I’m looking at a 2009 V Star 950 tour with a little over 4000 miles for $4500 on Craigslist. The bike looks immaculate in pictures, and the ad says it’s a one owner bike, it’s always been garaged and covered and on the battery tender.

My question is, does this seem like a good price, in general, and I’ve also read a few things about bikes not being ridden enough can get all gunky and corroded. Do you think that’s some thing I should be concerned about?

Thanks,

David
View attachment 74678
My buddy has one. He bought a new HD but said he loves it so much he’s keeping the
I’m finishing my MSF course tomorrow, and chomping at the bit to get my first bike. (I’m 52, 5,8” and average strength.) I’m looking at a 2009 V Star 950 tour with a little over 4000 miles for $4500 on Craigslist. The bike looks immaculate in pictures, and the ad says it’s a one owner bike, it’s always been garaged and covered and on the battery tender.

My question is, does this seem like a good price, in general, and I’ve also read a few things about bikes not being ridden enough can get all gunky and corroded. Do you think that’s some thing I should be concerned about?

Thanks,

David
View attachment 74678
my buddy has one. 45000 miles and no leaks. Loves it. Look on cycletrader and eBay and see what the going price is.. good luck

1 - 1 of 1 Posts