Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago I saw ads for supermoto races in Virginia, does anyone know of a series in the Delaware/Maryland/Virginia area? How about a website promoting the races or series?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,790 Posts
There was talk about building a track for both bikes and cars near MIR, but I haven't heard anything in a couple of years.

They use VIR for moto. It is near Danville. Looking at their web site it looks like mid May.

http://virnow.com/events/motoamerica/

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
I heard of one up northeast of Baltimore that did a 125cc league on kart tracks. No other details that I can remember.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some looking around on the internet there isn't much in the way of supermoto races in this area, there are a few in the west mostly in California. I guess racing on the east coast at least near me is mostly motocross or drag racing. MIR and Budds Creek aren't far away.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's a little further but OVRP in NY is doing some events this year. You can also ride with NJMiniGP at NJMP on a pavement only kart track. There's also Allsports Indoor MiniGP in MD (or VA? don't quite recall). VIR is probably your best bet for area described. Also, Supermoto East Coast (they go by a different name now but you can search them by that one) did a race at Blue Diamond in DE last year. I'm hoping they do another one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts