Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a guy riding and had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Thought it was silly even as a smoker myself, but then I thought it would be interesting to see how many other riders here do it and what their thoughts on it are.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I do, even though I'm supposed to stop smoking lol.....I have had it get bad a time or two by getting smoke or ash in my eye....but it don't happen too often

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
The closest I came was smoking while I was at a dead stop at a traffic jam. It's very difficult to smoke with a full face helmet on, but I managed.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Back when I used to smoke I'd take off with a cigarette or cigar but wouldn't smoke it for long. A couple of times of getting a hot ash from the cigar stuck behind my sunglasses cured me of that idea.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
We both quit smoking 5+ years ago. But we have always had a windshield and back then, we both had one burning when we took off. Never lit one while riding though. If we were riding with other bikes and we were in front of any we did put them out before taking off...didn't want our ashes or fires blowing back on another rider.

If anyone is interested, we used Nicorette Lozengers to quit. Used them for almost a year instead of 3 or 4 months. Now Randy keeps Butterrum hard candies in his pocket and I keep Spearmint hard candies handy. They are our cigarettes...:) :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont smoke, but doesnt that make the cigarette burn faster?
If I have a cigarette when I'm driving a car and have my arm out the window, it will cause it to either run or knock the cherry off, so I couldn't imagine riding with one.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,826 Posts
Only when oil is leaking into my cylinders.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The times I see folks doing this behavior (good or bad -- no judgement here), they were of baby boomer age or older (as close as I could tell) trying to mimmic this picture:

http://bisousmagazine.com/favorite-screen-stars-bad-boys/james-dean-motorcycle-photo/

I think back in the day, it was considered "cool". It's their business.

I don't mind the cig. in the mouth -- I just don't like to smell it and I don't like them to drop it on the side of the road.

Dennis

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Dude, am I mistaken or did you say once you were on disability for COPD?
no...you are not mistaken.....that's why I said I wasn't supposed to be smoking...I have cut down a lot, and I'm trying to quit....but I lack the will power to stop cold turkey

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Goliath, that is the hardest thing I've ever done. I smoked for 30+ years and quit many times but it never lasted more than a few months. My problem was that I enjoyed smoking & liked it. I didn't want to spend the money or ruin my health, but I REALLY didn't want to quit. Finally used those Nicorette Lozengers and have now not smoked for over 6 years. I have a friend who is using one of those E cigarette things and has stopped for over a month. She also uses 2 or 3 of the nicorette lozengers a day--she says right after a meal she has one of those and her E cig thing. Good Luck to you.

·
On The Road Again!
3,954 Posts
I have never been able to understand why ANYONE would stick a wad of **** in their mouth and set fire to it and breath the filth it gives off. Never tried it and never will. Disgusting.

·
On The Road Again!
3,954 Posts
It's got a righteous high, that's why.
Takes the edge off, improves mental clarity, all sorts of seeming positive attributes.
I would ask you to tell that to my mother and father, but they wouldn't
be able to hear you through the six feet of dirt. ;)

1 - 20 of 102 Posts