Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum.
I've joined in search of a home for my Honda 305 Dream Project. I have three mid 60's in various states of decay. I acquired them thinking there ought to be enough parts to bring one close to original spec. And maybe enough parts left to do something weirdly custom. Then a '69 BSA Thunderbolt came along in much more restorable condition and is now taking up my time. The Dream Project is taking up space in the garage. It needs to go to someone with more time and passion for old Hondas.

Any love out there for Vintage Dreams?

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,518 Posts
Where are you at? This an international group of 2 wheeler lovers and a few 3 wheelers too!

If I did not have 30 projects going at once I would be all over this myself...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm pretty sure that somebody has been advertising on Chicago Craigslist that they are looking for exactly that, a honda 305 dream. Nice looking machines and they can command decent prices when restored.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Unless he or she is offering to GIVE them away, in which case it's just "Pitch", as in "pitch it in the dumpster!"

And, if that's the case, I am FILLED with Honda Dream affection. But, who am I kidding, Miss M. is going to beat me to this deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm not giving them away, but it's still just a Pitch because I haven't mentioned price.
And my higher intention is to find a Honda lover interested in project. I believe these old bikes should be ridden not hidden.

These shockingly restorable works of art are located in Oklahoma.

The folks on BritBike have been a tremendous resource for my BSA rebuild. I thought there would be something similar devoted to vintage Honda so I searched on Vintage Honda Forum.
This forum and the Honda Twins forum came up. The Twins seems more focused on the CB era. So I started here.

Personally, I've got a soft spot for British bikes. Next up will be these old Dreams, or a 79 Indian Moped.

But what I'd really like to do next is a 69 -74 Triumph T100R for a custom project. I don't want a candidate for stock restore. I want to use that Daytona platform to do my own thang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts