Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my first bike back in 2006 I even bought a pink helmet, jacket and gloves for female passengers because before I even bought my first bike I thought it would help me a lot with picking up girls at the age of 22. And I must admit it worked extremely well. Looking back I think it was dumb because from what I understand now is that if she gets hurt she can sue not only your insurance company but also you personally so you are putting yourself at a huge risk. Also god forbid if it happens to be a fatal accident her family can come after you with full force. Taking that into account I seriously doubt I will be taking any passengers ever again on my bike. So lets be honest. Has your bike ever helped you pick up girls (or at least in your head made you think it helped)? And were you giving rides to every good looking girl you came across just to try to pick them up?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,500 Posts
Going back to the original question, I didn't get a bike to pick up girls I got it because I wanted it. Didn't get a sportscar to pick up girls, got it because I wanted it. I guess I just never hung around girls that were after material things.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
If I can go back to,...ah, a long time ago, no, I didn't get a bike to pick up girls, but yeah, a few wanted a ride and I just couldn't refuse'em. :)

Nowadays, some of those same girls I'd give them a ride, others, well there's a weight limit to consider. I don't think my bike will carry two fatties. :)

(Not with a full tank of gas anyway.)

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,937 Posts
I remember wanting to pick up cute girls, but now I can’t remember why? But I’m pretty old and my first two wheeled ride was a chariot. The girls loved the ride and leather armor, but that’s another story.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I got my first motorcycle as a young teenager, before I got my first car. So did my best friend at the time. A few years later, we were sitting around talking and he brought up this subject:

Friend: "Hey man, what's the biggest difference that you noticed from what you thought it was going to be like having a motorcycle, and how it actually turned out?"

Me: "I don't know. I can't really think of anything major."

Friend: "For me, it was chicks. I thought having a motorcycle would improve my sex life. But it hasn't..."

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oddly enough, I didn't get opportunities to pick up any women until after I was married. With that in mind, allow me to pass on the wisdom of my graying years: once married or in a solid long-term relationship, unless life or limb are in jeopardy, never give a casual ride to a woman without a solid thumbs-up from your lady. I did it ONCE...never again. I had a very understanding good-natured wife, but that backseat meant a lot to her and was a big part of our close relationship. For me to mindlessly share it with some young woman...well, it didn't go over well. My two cents...

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
Give them rides? I met my wife of almost 40 years at the local dirt bike trails. She had her own RM125, I had a CR. I knew right there and then she was the girl for me. She still looks cute in a dirt bike jersey. ;)

·
Registered
501 Posts
No one ever asked during college. I gave a few rides back in law school. Maybe two different young women asked for a ride, and I did not refuse them. Gave them a pretty nerdy safety brief and a helmet, first, and kept it pretty slow and gentle. Never tried to pursue anything. Met my future wife and took her on a couple of rides. Later, as full blown spouse, she rode on the back on some neat trips. Fast forward to last year and she decided it was time to have her own motorcycle. Now we go on rides together! :grin:

As for giving rides today, the answer is no. There is a large trunk where the passenger seat used to be.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You want to meet girls forget about bikes.
You want to bore girls talk about cars, bikes or football.

Take up square dancing, the ladies will be all over you.

·
On The Road Again!
4,191 Posts
Where does one find these "random girls"?
Been riding 50 years. Never picked up a "random girl".
Hmmm....The only girls I ever meet are the kind I want to get away from, not take for a ride. LOL!!

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
Not recently, my wife frowns on such activities, and her bike is faster than mine so I'd never be able to get away :)

I did recently take a lovely 30 year old woman for her first motorcycle ride , but this was a special case. Kathryn is one of my daughters best friends, I've known her since she was about 12, and even though I hadn't seen her in years when she approached me about it I was more than glad to help her check off something from her bucket list. It still felt a bit weird having her ride behind me, but we had a nice hour long ride and she enjoyed it. Even in this instance I did clear it with my wife first, she had no problem with it at all but it's still the right thing to do.

My only other passenger is occasionally my grandson, he's getting a bit big though, a few more years and he can ride himself. It's a shame he lives 300 miles away or else I'd buy and keep a dirtbike for him to ride.

I don't think there is any more liability giving someone a motorcycle ride than if you give someone a ride in your car, or on your bicycle, just follow one simepl rule to reduce your liability... don't crash!

·
Registered
432 Posts
At least in my case, in almost 60-years bikes have seldom even gotten much more than a fleeting glance from the fairer sex. Half a century ago they afforded modest success in providing unique transportation to get to them. But the bike itself contributed little or nothing to the overall effort – they don’t increase testosterone either (except in some folk’s imagination…). I’ve had a couple of wives over the years who have taken short rides with me, and one earlier one who tried to ride one of my Nortons up the side of the house, but by my calculations I’ve had a passenger of any sort on my bikes less that 0.3% of the time – the passenger seat is wasted on mine – although I’ve tried to eliminate the P-pad on one bike and that appeared to convey the wrong message… Like someone else noted, a grandson has been a more frequent passenger (but he’s now in his mid-twenties… no interest). Generally, the only one interested in my bikes and biking has been me…

·
On The Road Again!
4,191 Posts
I’ve had a couple of wives over the years who have taken short rides with me, and one earlier one who tried to ride one of my Nortons up the side of the house,...
Oh boy, that oughta be a good story! LOL!!!
Go on...I'm listening....
LOL!!

·
Ace Tuner
3,489 Posts
"Do you give rides to random girls on your bike or use it as a pick up tool?"

Absolutely NOT! I had to learn the hard way. Random Girls are dangerous.
Those "RG's" could get a guy killed... And LIKE IT. :surprise:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Back in the day, when my buddy's '71 FLH was still rolling, and he was not yet married, he told me that there was a standard valuation for a ride on the back. The girl could have her choice of:
a) Washing the bike, or
b) Providing a certain service that I won't elaborate on.

Coming from the catholic prep school background I do, I was pretty surprised when he told me that there was no shortage of applicants, and that very few of the payments remained uncollected.

Nowadays nobody rides that old Harley, and it doesn't look like it's been washed in years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts