Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone carrying a first aid kit? What's in it? Do you have a prepackaged one, or do you roll your own? What do you prioritize carrying?

I want to put together something small and light, but able to deal with injuries should the worst happen and at least keep me or someone else in better shape than without. I imagine abrasions, burns and fractures will be the most common injuries.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
On The Road Again!
4,195 Posts
Yes I do. It came with the bike when I got it. Previous owner left it for me.
Looks fairly complete. A bit of everything.

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
I started with a basic camping first aid kit containing the usual stuff for minor cuts, scrapes, and bites.
https://www.rei.com/product/695383/adventure-medical-kits-ultralight-watertight-7-first-aid-kit

Then I added some more serious stuff.
Just off the top of my head, these include..
2- instant cold packets
3M Steri-strip closures
a roll of 3" stretch wrap bandage
2 packs of hemostatic powder
1 packet of quick clot
Trauma scissors
hemostat

I'll try to get a complete inventory up in the next few days.

Other tips:
Get training. Red Cross BLS/CPR class at the minimum. A specialized accident trauma, or even first responder training

Keep the first aid kit on top of one of your saddlebags or tailpack. It needs to be quickly accessible when you need it.

Replace medications, cold packs, clotting agents, and anything adhesive every spring.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just got back into motorcycles but I usually have around me a first aid kit and a First Responder kit. I plan to carry some miniaturized form of those things. J

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes, a smaller one in the motorcycle, one larger on in the car, and one always when snowmobiling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts