Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GSXR 750 and when it was parked my kickstand folded due to a slight grade I parked it on and leaving it in neutral vs 1st gear. Bad deal. Clutch lever was bent so I ordered a new set. This set in fact...

So I installed the new clutch and brake levers and drove around my neighborhood. All was fine so I put it back in the garage. The next day I was driving to the gym and about 4 minutes into my ride the bike started to slow and even slowed after full throttle.

I thought great, ran out of gas. Pulled in the clutch to pull off the side of the road. As soon as I pulled the clutch the bike started braking really hard. At this point I thought maybe the rear tire was locked up so I just focused on staying straight. I was stuck in the middle of the road and the bike wouldnt roll even if it was in neutral / clutch in.

Turns out it was the new brake lever I installed. I read somewhere the cheap levers can pressure the brake plunger and when it heats up cause the brakes to apply pressure. I ended up taking the lever off on the side of the road (just happen to have the right tools in my bike emergency toolkit) and drove home with no front brake.

Very thankful I didnt flip the bike! Now I have the plunger off and I have no idea how to put it back on. I am trying to find a YouTube video or tutorial of how to put the plunger back on, if anyone has a link I would appreciate it!

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
Almost sounds like you got the wrong lever. Mine is of course a different brand but I can change my lever and have zero change. Universal fit rarely does if that's what you did.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,328 Posts
Glad you are okay Man!:surprise:

Cheap levers????:sad:

Not anymore, just the clutch lever that I replaced on my 2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster was $67 plus tax:surprise:

Sam:nerd:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts