Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was gonna go buy a typical forklift style lift to do some work on both my bike and my wife's Ridley, when I noticed that the exhaust is actually lower than the frame. Anybody else run into this? I can't imagine the exhaust can hold the bike up. Did you get a work around figured it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Depends on the bike. Some of my bikes need the exhaust removed before I put them onto the left. Some don't.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Wood blocks are your friend. Mount them to the lift where they will meet with the frame and not the exhaust.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Wood blocks are your friend. Mount them to the lift where they will meet with the frame and not the exhaust.

That will work 90% of the time for my Indian had to get Adapters .. But wood blocks worked perfect on my FXR4 when added Thunderheaders to it ..

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm confused, are you guys saying that some Ridleys have lower exhaust than others? I thought they were all the same.

·
American Legion Rider
26,018 Posts
Your Ridley does have a rather low exhaust but there are others with low exhausts as well. You can also use hockey pucks or similar to get pinpoint frame or engine positioning. Wood blocks as stated work as well. So you'll have to determine your requirements. Sometimes just removing exhaust works but that too can cause problems later. Not really likely with a Ridley but can with computer controlled bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts