Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019/2020 bikes? They should eventually. Riding or driving without an onboard camera will eventually be a thing of the past, mostly. Without a USB port you'd better have pockets full of charged batteries & stop every hour to change them. What a pain. My latest vehicles are a Honda NC700X & Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring. No ports. The dash cam I bought uses a freaking cigarette lighter like it's 1964 so it's still in the box. Did not want to splice into the wiring harnesses of my new vehicles & screw up something. Wondering if new bikes are getting ports. I know cars have them now.

·
Registered
855 Posts
2019/2020 bikes? They should eventually. Riding or driving without an onboard camera will eventually be a thing of the past, mostly. Without a USB port you'd better have pockets full of charged batteries & stop every hour to change them. What a pain. My latest vehicles are a Honda NC700X & Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring. No ports. The dash cam I bought uses a freaking cigarette lighter like it's 1964 so it's still in the box. Did not want to splice into the wiring harnesses of my new vehicles & screw up something. Wondering if new bikes are getting ports. I know cars have them now.
My Ducati came with a UBS port under the seat. Pretty handy to have, really.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just looking for a good Volt Meter for my 41 year old bike and ended up with two bonus USB ports that plug into the charging pigtail for my Battery Tender. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N1993MV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Perfect, exactly what I need. I have an Optimate 4 battery charger & got a battery attachment for it just like that one so I don't have to pull out the battery to charge it. I can plug that Mroinge onto that & plug my camera in. Thanks, will order it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My 2018 Harley Davidson has a USB port on the left downtube. Very convenient to plug in the phone or other devices. I use it all the time for navigating to fun new places. It is nicely positioned to allow a handlebar mounted device to connect without long usb cables draping all over the bike.

My wife's BMW didn't have one. I connected one to the battery for her, but it's a long run to the bars. Didn't wire in a fuse, though. May have to relook that.

·
Visionary
5,407 Posts
The 2019 and up Indian Scouts have a USB charge port on the speedometer. For the older ones there is a retrofit kit, I added it to my wife's 2018 for only 30 minutes of time (and $140). The bike was even prewired for it, so they knew it was coming, the older ones you have to wire from the battery.

My 2008 and 2016 Visions both have 12 volt power sockets in the glove box and the trunk, I plug a dual USB charger into the one in tge glove box and power my phone and bluetooth adapter from it.

My wife's 2016 Chieftain has a power plug on the dash and in one of the saddle bags, she uses a USB charger plugged in there.

Reactions: Juan_Banjovy

·
American Legion Rider
26,368 Posts
My 2016 Indian Roadmaster has a USB port. I have a thumb drive/flash drive with 800+ of my favorite tunes on it. I switch to that when my cell phone loses contact with what I normally have playing, Amazon music. There are a lot of dead zones where I live.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts