Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
No those are not anything remotely close to my bikes, shattered the rear hub on my 360VA once, but the axle survived.

Here's what you keep calling a toy bike so you have a clue

·
Registered
490 Posts
It's amazing all these motorcycles aren't breaking axles and littering the roads. Sure it wasn't a bad installation?
View attachment 68231
All those people all weigh like 100lbs less than the average American. Ive personally seen some pretty sketchy stuff come out of China. I bought a splined steering wheel hub for my Honda with a casting crack down the entire length of the splines so it could open up with enough pressure.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Sport bikes come in different varieties, with different riding positions. Not unlike cruiser bikes that have different riding positions. A chopper rider would probably be one of the last person a sport bike rider would consult with respect to riding position. Along with different riding positions, people also come in different shapes and sizes. Some have longer arms and may be more flexible. For every rider to accept a bike the way it comes, seems a bit strange to me. The options for clippons may be more limited than conventional bars. Flat bars are often a good compromise. Some bikes like my Triumph and some BMW are most difficult to change bars.

I have different height clippons for Bluzu my Suzuki. I have also made suspension and tyre changes, and I did not consult a chopper rider. I even put saddle bags on Bluzu. Eek. UK

·
Banned
513 Posts
Sport bikes come in different varieties, with different riding positions. Not unlike cruiser bikes that have different riding positions. A chopper rider would probably be one of the last person a sport bike rider would consult with respect to riding position. Along with different riding positions, people also come in different shapes and sizes. Some have longer arms and may be more flexible. For every rider to accept a bike the way it comes, seems a bit strange to me. The options for clippons may be more limited than conventional bars. Flat bars are often a good compromise. Some bikes like my Triumph and some BMW are most difficult to change bars.

I have different height clippons for Bluzu my Suzuki. I have also made suspension and tyre changes, and I did not consult a chopper rider. I even put saddle bags on Bluzu. Eek. UK
I also had an R1 for several years, so a chopper rider can be familiar.

·
Banned
513 Posts
and you said that was your first bike wasn't it?
Actually neither,, I have had many dirt bikes mostly Kawa and yamis 125's. I had a Kawasaki 500 Mach III. I've had a Kawasaki 454 LTD. All of them since have been custom bikes I have built. The only one I have now is the chopper I built 15 years ago.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
I also had an R1 for several years, so a chopper rider can be familiar.
Sweet.
And I have only been on one chopper. Very short ride.
The I4 600 bikes are good at what they are designed for, but low down on my choice for a street bike.
Keeping the revs in the twilight zone gets boring for me, pretty quick. UK

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,880 Posts
Sweet.
And I have only been on one chopper. Very short ride.
The I4 600 bikes are good at what they are designed for, but low down on my choice for a street bike.
Keeping the revs in the twilight zone gets boring for me, pretty quick. UK

PSSSST: he is gone Krusty, you are replying to a ghost.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts