Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I sadly destroyed my first bike, and essentially what happened was that there was a pot hole which I didn't see, though I hit and thanks to my reflexes sent me flying as I hit the throttle. Dropped it on grass at 10 MPH, (Was on the road prior) You'd think that it's grass at a low speed shouldn't do much damage though the following damage has been done:

- Dash is functioning but needs to be aligned.
- Fairings on both sides and front are busted
- One Mirror is missing
- Signal lights are destroyed

Had my head bleeding (a small scratch) and a couple of cuts on my body and keep in mind this is with gear.

My question for yall is, is there any cheap replacement fairing parts for the Suzuki Bandit GSF600S (2001), doesn't need to be OEM can be anything cheaper. Since money is a bit of an issue, but can be managed if need be.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry to hear that but starting off on an inline 4 bike can be a handful
and not really recommended .

The side fairing pieces are about $250 a piece and turn signals are $50 as i've replaced them on mine.If your interested in saving money you could get rid of all the fairings and turn it into a naked bike as they made a version of the GSF600 with no fairings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that but starting off on an inline 4 bike can be a handful
and not really recommended .

The side fairing pieces are about $250 a piece and turn signals are $50 as i've replaced them on mine.If your interested in saving money you could get rid of all the fairings and turn it into a naked bike as they made a version of the GSF600 with no fairings.
How much would that save me around, just wondering?

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Are you seriously going to fix it and go again? Or do you just want to fix to sell? I wish you luck in either case as it looks like you have your answer on parts. I'm just curious on what your plans are with the bike is the reason for my questions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As my first bike, it would only be fit to give it a second chance, everything runs fine, only the fairings and a few minor things are needed to be replaced. It's a great bike with potential for sure I just have to accustom myself to its massive power.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Unfortunetly you forgot the number one tool we have to keep us safe and that is paying attention to road conditions. I don't think you have taken the BRC course yet ( I could be wrong) but had you, you would have had the skills needed to avoid that pothole in the first place. Swerving is another tool we use. That would have let you avoid the pothole, even if it did run right out in front of ya. And heck, sometimes, it's fun to swerve around items. I strongly suggest taking the course, as everything they teach can and will be employed on the road. I strongly suggest before you even bring the bike back on the road you find an empty parking lot, practice your swerving, emergency braking, and slow speed maneuvers. Inline fours are not good beginner bikes. The fact that you have crashed should point that out. Not trying to bash you or anything, but you need to ride what you can handle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
+1 X1000 on taking the BRC course you really need this foundation of learning that they teach to give you the basic skills you need to cope with everyday riding conditions that you will encounter.

The GSF600 is a great bike and very manageable in its power range if you keep it under 5000 rpm.You mentioned it was a big bike for you.I would recommend installing lowering links and that will drop the height down an inch or two and may make it easier to handle.I have these installed on my GSF600
and they are great.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
As my first bike, it would only be fit to give it a second chance, everything runs fine, only the fairings and a few minor things are needed to be replaced. It's a great bike with potential for sure I just have to accustom myself to its massive power.
Well I hope you are able to. The problem with these responsive powerful machines is they do just what you ask. As a newbie, sometimes you do things that it will respond to. Good luck with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts