Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new to this i really need help with my derbi baja 125 4 stroke it has been a problem ever since i bought it and run out of ideas it is currently not working properly i took the carb off to clean when it was working put all back together and now it only revs up to 4k revs when it decides to start dont go any further and when i let go of throttle it cuts out and doesent idle im really confused on what to do with it ive done valve timing also cleaned and stripped carb its just really rough at the moment and unrideable if anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated cheers

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
My guess would be something is still clogging the carb. That's the most common issue. Make sure the pilot needle is set per the manual and all the jets are clean.

It could be any number of other issues as well. It's hard to say without testing everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have a manual for the bike unfortunately cannot find one only have owners handbook doesent have carb settings in it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello

I have the manual and the chart for bolt thightness, sparkplug, valve clearance etc but unfortunately it's in finnish so you need to translate them. But you need to clean the carb again.

Take all the jets out, wash with gasoline, blow it with compressed air and you should be fine. My engine didn't rev more than 6k and starting up was almost impossible because my idle jet detached from the carb.

I can't link the manuals as I haven't made enough posts on this forum but I will send you them with pm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, I can't send you links on pm, this isn't funny. Well the main jet is 90 and the idle should be 38 and the carburetor is PZ26.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i will try but i have done this twice beforehand only difference is i used hot water and bubbles to clean carb out but i shall give it a go as ive run out of ideas now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts