Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I am on the market to purchase a scooter. I have my eyes set on the BMW c400gt.
My local BMW garage is offering me their "service" unit from last summer. It looks really good, and has only 1500km logged in (1000 miles).

I have not tried it and not sure I could make the difference but... I am concerned about the break in and how people drove it.

Price is really good for a 1000 mile unit 2019 (35% less than new).

I am not sure about CVT (no clutch) break-in, would love your input!

Thanks,
Tom.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you're looking for a cool scooter my buddy is selling his yamaha c3 that hes had a speaker bar and subwoofers professionally installed on. It sounds like ur in canada, but were from detroit which is just a hop and a skip over the boarder. I think he has it listed on facebook marketplace if u want I can send the link

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also in terms of the cvt I think they're pretty nice. Nothing will ever compare to the feeling of running through gears but cvt can have excellent low end torque and a good top speed. My buddies scooter will lug around our other friend who weighs about 300lbs no problem. There really shouldn't be any break in since cvts are belt driven systems. If you're talking about the break in on the scooter, the motors should be broken in from the factory, or if you're still worried about it just prob it up on the center stand and break it in as you please, just as long as the rear tire doesnt touch the ground

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Throma. Which part of Canada?
There will be duty on a US purchase, if the product was not made in the US or Canada. I would not be too concerned about break in.
I do not know enough about scooters to comment.

UK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts