Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure what category to post this in. A guy offered to trade me his low mileage garaged kept 93 Jeep YJ for my Can Am Ryker. I normally wouldnt have considered it, but a 93 model year is still an AMC designed YJ and known as the hardiest and most reliable Jeep Wrangler generation. Chrysler kept that AMC designed generation the same until 96, then they changed it.

Its also a southern rust free Jeep in excellent condition with a winch and off road led auxiliary lighting, new 33” ko2 tires and spare, new hub bearings, U joints & tie rod ends, and a perfect condition interior. Also would include two sets of doors and windows and soft top enclosure. He values the Jeep at $12,500, I value the Ryker at $11,500. I'm leaning towards making the trade, what do you all think.

The Can Am Ryker

·
American Legion Rider
26,690 Posts
Go for it. Then start looking for another Ryker to make payments on. You should still be able to find one before the spring price increase.

Reactions: Zebraranger

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would trade. UK
Go for it. Then start looking for another Ryker to make payments on. You should still be able to find one before the spring price increase.

I like the way you both think. But its too late on the Ryker's price increase, its already hit and they've gone up $1700 for the Rally version. Then the freight & destination charges have also doubled. They've been in high demand since coming out and there's currently a waiting list for them. All the 2021 models sold halfway through the year last year, and most of the 22 models are pre sold.

So Can Am is going to have to do some catching up. But thats okay if I have to wait, I have the Kawasaki until then. I still have to make arraignment's with the Jeep owner. We are 7 hours apart, me in Florida, and he in Georgia. He has a Can Am Spyder and he wants the Ryker for his wife so that they can ride together.

·
American Legion Rider
26,690 Posts
Didn't realize they were selling that well. Sounds like the Jeep owner is motivated so I'd still go for it. It's a good looking Jeep.

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I think if you don't do it, he will find someone else that will. Your Can-Am will probably go down in value over the next few years, will that Jeep lose, or gain value if kept in the same condition? I don't know but you might consider that.

·
Visionary
5,498 Posts
It's probabaly a good trade..

Reactions: Zebraranger

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
All things as said being equal, I would be hot footing it to Georgia. The YJ would bring a higher price in my area.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't realize they were selling that well. Sounds like the Jeep owner is motivated so I'd still go for it. It's a good looking Jeep.
Yeah I didnt really either until joining a couple of FB Ryker groups and joining the SpyderLovers forum. Seems these Rykers are drawing from a wide variety of riders. Lots of first time riders who were either afraid of, or had no confidence in riding two wheelers. Another large portion buying it is women riders, with many of them being first timers too. Then there's the old guys like me buying them.

After a couple of phone conversations and exchanging photo's through emails, we made the deal today so I'm pretty excited, and so is he, and she. Unfortunately our schedules wont sync up for a couple of weeks. We've agreed to both meet halfway with trailers and titles at the state line on a Sunday, check each vehicle over, test ride and test drive and so on.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think if you don't do it, he will find someone else that will. Your Can-Am will probably go down in value over the next few years, will that Jeep lose, or gain value if kept in the same condition? I don't know but you might consider that.
Thats what I was thinking too. He posted the offer on a Facebook Ryker group and had already two offers from others before I responded with photos. Mine was the lowest mileage and had the most accessories. It was also the top of the line Rally Edition which was what he wanted.

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
I am in a similar situation. I am back on the mainland to fetch my RV, red van, after driving home a few weeks ago in the new 007 truck. Hope your trip and switch goes well, and soon we will see you driving the new Jeep.
A quick look at the pick shows a fold down window, so you can get bugs or mud in your teeth, and a winch up front if you encounter too much mud. Looks like a beer cooler can be set on the rear seat and held down with a seat belt. I have the kind that can plug into a cigarette lighter. My truck has one, but the newer Jeep may not. UK

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am in a similar situation. I am back on the mainland to fetch my RV, red van, after driving home a few weeks ago in the new 007 truck. Hope your trip and switch goes well, and soon we will see you driving the new Jeep.
A quick look at the pick shows a fold down window, so you can get bugs or mud in your teeth, and a winch up front if you encounter too much mud. Looks like a beer cooler can be set on the rear seat and held down with a seat belt. I have the kind that can plug into a cigarette lighter. My truck has one, but the newer Jeep may not. UK
Thanks, I remember when you posted about the truck. How's the truck doing now that you've had it for a little bit?

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
Sweet truck. I like it. Rides better than the Dodge Caravan and everything is better. I can now tow heavier stuff without the gear box singing. Looking for a canopy for the back, and fixing a couple of problems with the stereo. UK

1 - 14 of 14 Posts