Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda CBR 650F or Harley Iron 883

Hey guys I need help picking out a new motorcycle. I really enjoy sport bikes, but I also love crusiers so i'm having a hard time deciding between a few bikes. I just wanted to hear some stories and opinions that maybe a few of you have had about them. Whether you've owned one or both i'd just kinda like to hear both sides of them.

The two bikes im choosing between are the Honda 650f or the Harley Iron 883.

Any input is appreciated!

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
In that 3 years, what type or types of bikes have you ridden? What is it about each style that you like? What kind of rider are? Short commuter, day tripper or weekender, tourer, or racer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In that 3 years, what type or types of bikes have you ridden? What is it about each style that you like? What kind of rider are? Short commuter, day tripper or weekender, tourer, or racer.
Ive ridden a little bit of both, I loved sports bikes, but never really liked the riding position. However, I found them to be more fun of a ride. I really enjoy harleys, but they feel less responsive. They are also a lot more comfortable to ride.

I do plan on doing a few cross country trips soon though, but im not necessarily looking for a tourer. I heard the 650f has a more ergonomic seating position is why im considering it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive ridden a little bit of both, I loved sports bikes, but never really liked the riding position. However, I found them to be more fun of a ride. I really enjoy harleys, but they feel less responsive. They are also a lot more comfortable to ride.

I do plan on doing a few cross country trips soon though, but im not necessarily looking for a tourer. I heard the 650f has a more ergonomic seating position is why im considering it.
"They are also a lot more comfortable to ride.

I do plan on doing a few cross country trips soon though,"

you see an answer in there?

" I heard the 650f has a more ergonomic seating position"

More ergonomic than what, a zx-10r?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"They are also a lot more comfortable to ride.

I do plan on doing a few cross country trips soon though,"

you see an answer in there?

" I heard the 650f has a more ergonomic seating position"

More ergonomic than what, a zx-10r?
No ive went in and sat on a few of them and talked to a few dealers and the CBR 650F definitely has a different feel to it than the CBR 100. Honda definitely changed it around a bit. The only reason im even considering a sports bike is because I heard they were more fun to drive.

·
10,757 Posts
Are you looking at new bikes? There are a lot of used Sportsters out there. Especially the 883, people move out of them quickly. Not because they are a poor bike, but Harley sells Bigger is Better pretty well. There is a huge aftermarket for those bikes and you can easily modified to fit you.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Get a test ride on a 1200 Sportster before you buy something else.

Never seen one bike put so many smiles on so many faces, guys who ride everything from scooters to baggers.

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
I'll have to agree with the 1200 Sportster. Or an 883 punched. It seems to be a hybrid between a sport bike and a cruiser. And there are a ton of ways to change it to fit whatever your needs are.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
The other thing about that 1200 Sporty is they made an earlier model with a miniscule gas tank. They sell CHEAP. You can replace the tank with an aftermarket or just fuel up more frequently, and it's still a really fun bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The other thing about that 1200 Sporty is they made an earlier model with a miniscule gas tank. They sell CHEAP. You can replace the tank with an aftermarket or just fuel up more frequently, and it's still a really fun bike.
I heard the 1200 was a very good motorcycle, but all the newer ones were waaay out of my price range. Dang I wish I had the dough for both bikes. I heard its better to start on a cruiser because even if you don't like it, they hold their value and can resale for near what you payed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts