Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been riding my 2013 Kymco Agility 50 for almost 3 years now without a problem, but last week I took it in for maintenance at a different dealer(a legit Kymco factory dealer.) and had gear oil changed, spark plug and air filter replaced and valves checked.

I went to pick it up the next day and immediately upon starting the bike I knew it sounded wrong, and like an idiot I left without saying anything because I was late for a meeting and figured that it was fine. I got the bike up to 30MPH however and it makes a really loud metallic banging noise; frankly the bike sounds like a TaoTao or an old lawnmower.
Later on I notice a piece sitting in the trunk of the moped, and upon inspection I determine that it's a screw mount broken off the body of the bike!

What do you guys think they did wrong? How should I handle this? I've called the dealer multiple times without an answer or call back.

I was going to post videos with the sound, but I can't until I have 15 posts unfortunately.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Unfortunately, I think your goose is cooked. Something should have been said AT THE DEALERSHIP. You left for your appointment.

Seems to me like you have two options. 1. Take it back to the dealer and hope they make it right. 2. Take it to another dealer, document anything that might be wrong, then go back to the original dealer with proper paperwork.

Bottom line is, the dealer has no idea if they did the damage, or you did it while riding. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I think your goose is cooked. Something should have been said AT THE DEALERSHIP. You left for your appointment.

Seems to me like you have two options. 1. Take it back to the dealer and hope they make it right. 2. Take it to another dealer, document anything that might be wrong, then go back to the original dealer with proper paperwork.

Bottom line is, the dealer has no idea if they did the damage, or you did it while riding. Good luck.

The dealer has a 100 mile/30 day warranty on their work and I spoke to them and am bringing it in tomorrow.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Excellent! It's nice to see a 'stand up' dealer now and then. Glad it worked out for you.

Having been burned more than once by 'authorized dealers', I guess you could tell I was a little cynical.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike, hope the dealer honors the warranty. Next time if something like that happens go back to dealer immediately and have them look / listen to the bike.

but ... moped? you called your scooter a moped? really? does it have pedals?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear about your bike, hope the dealer honors the warranty. Next time if something like that happens go back to dealer immediately and have them look / listen to the bike.

but ... moped? you called your scooter a moped? really? does it have pedals?
It's at the dealership now, they said they'll take care of it. I've got my fingers crossed.

And yeah, I've never heard the distinction from anybody who doesn't speak German! I usually hear the words "scooter" and "moped" used interchangeably around these parts; I only know "moped" technically means it has peddles because I've been told by German relatives.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
God help us! Eye knows how to speak German?!
We're definitely in trouble now! (lol)

Time to dump that moped and get a real bike!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,370 Posts
Damn Soup you are right on top of it aren't you. Eye speaks German, I don't think any of us caught that before.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Hmm.. been riding motorcycles for 18 years and never knew that's what "moped" stood for..

This old thread just blew my mind.

·
Biker
1,503 Posts
Auchtung ! Das scooter ist nicht fur das finger pokin und mittengrabbin, isht easy schnappen das springenwerx und spits an sparkin, keep das mitts in das pockets und vatch das blinkin lights!

·
Registered
38 Posts
The correct word ist "Mittengrabbin" not "Mittenbrabbin", But an easy mistake to make. Oder ist ihr fingle poken sie der rong keyy

·
Biker
1,503 Posts
Hi'ya Nubsey,

YUP, it got fixed, says edited, reason, spelling, why the screw up to begin with? too much beer? G and B close together, didn't have wife's 1/2glasses to use?

·
Registered
38 Posts
So gut sie admiern ihr mistaken. Aber sie hast spellen ist wrongen es ist, est ist nict isht.
Also no blinken dumbkoff hast tolden me whysts ich nich haben sie ticken overern aus mine motorcyckle. Est ist only ein Honda fumfsig. In der morgen Ich bin gehen to der mower fixer su haben mine carberator special cleanen mit die shaken thingie. So hopen diesa worken.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts