Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Several months ago, I was at a local surplus tool/hardware store, where I bought a dayglo orange mesh vest to wear on the bike, size XXL.
It was the only size they had, but it's what I wanted anyway, in order to fit on the outside of my bulky Tourmaster.
It was $2.50. Should have purchased the stack.

It's beginning to deteriorate at the edges, where the cheap cloth binding is disappearing in the wind.

I tried some iron-on, but it doesn't lend itself to curves (in the material, not the road).

Where to get them?
The store had sold them en masse to some guy.

I see them for too much $$ and they're usually not mesh.
Gotta be mesh.

They work. I see other riders right away who are wearing them, green or orange. People seem to respect me and I just think it's psychological.
Being so bright and obvious makes it more difficult for them to say, "I didn't see him".

·
American Legion Rider
18,501 Posts
I think you have to get in the $20 range before you get one that will last. I had to get one to go on US property like Air Force bases and Army posts. I think mine was 20 something. Has a nice pocket on the front to put the required pass for entry to post or base.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
you probably need to spend a bit more than $2 if you want one that will last.
I had a friend who used to say:

'There's a fair market price for oats.

You can get cheaper oats, but they've been through the horse first."

You get what you pay for, you can either buy ten $2 hi-viz vests or one $20 one. I buy a medium price one - paid $8 last time. It usually lasts about 2 years, by then it's so dirty that I'm pleased to replace it.

Makes you realise just how dirty our bike jackets must be, and we totally overlook it.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,442 Posts
Is there a Harbor Freight near you? Check there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts