Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,461 Posts
Did you check the SS Minnow for treasure?

What is the cross for?

Great pictures once again. Thank you for taking us along for the ride.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HEAD DOWN AROUND THE SOUTHERNMOST spot on the African continent, and you’ll find an atmospheric shipwreck waiting just off the shore. The surviving fragment of the doomed vessel rusts atop the rocks, where it’s constantly battered by the wind and waves.

The Meisho Maru No. 38 was a small Japanese fishing vessel that, like so many others, prowled the seas to reap its bounty. This part of South Africa’s coast is notoriously dangerous, causing many ships to succumb to its wrath.

The Meisho Maru No. 38 met its end on November 16, 1982. A storm caused it to run aground. Fortunately, because it sank so close to shore, all 17 members of its crew were able to swim to safety, leaving the ship as the only casualty.

After spending decades being beaten by the elements, the wrecked vessel finally broke apart. For now, its prow still rests in place, though it’s likely the sea may one day claim that as well. If you’re in the area and like shipwrecks, you’ll want to be sure to see it before it’s gone.

~~~~~~~~

The cross is a memorial for someone

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
All I can say is...WOW!!! Very nice. Is it winter or summer there at this time?

Reactions: Dual

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
Summer (Southern hemisphere)
I thought it might be but I’m not a world traveler so best to ask the dumb question rather than assume.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
I thought it might be but I’m not a world traveler so best to ask the dumb question rather than assume.
We may have to tip a few beers sometime, and I can try and explain why the seasons change, and the wind blows differently, and so on. The water does not go down the drain the other way, but it is a good rumour. UK

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
I’m always ready for a beer. Preferably after a couple hundred miles of knees in the breeze.

Reactions: Dual and Porky

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was once told there is no such thing as a dumb or stupid question, it's the only way to get info

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
I was once told there is no such thing as a dumb or stupid question, it's the only way to get info
Not anymore. Today you can search the web and get any answer you want, correct or not. But maybe I shouldn't answer dumb questions. :rolleyes: ;):LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
8,052 Posts
Beautiful Dual.

The picture of the GS and the Africa Twin is cool because I have owned both but my GS was Black.

Stay safe!

Sam:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts