Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a lucky guy - with a great SAVE!!

lays his bike down and goes right under a semi-truck.
walks away OK. darn COOL move man !!

shows two things ...

1. Protective gear is vital - you just never know when you are gonna
need to slide across the asphalt.

2. Sometimes LAYING your bike down is the best option.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152737812224882&id=54520964881

BTW, notice that the truck that caused the problem just keeps going.

dT

·
American Legion Rider
20,500 Posts
Looked to me like he should have seen the truck starting to move and would have had time to slow a lot more had he been paying attention.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hogcowboy ... I have been thinking about that too. He should have slowed more. I really hate to judge ... because its easy to be the Monday morning quarterback when you are sitting at your computer and watching a video ... its a lot different on the seat of the bike.

But probably ... my biggest takeaway from this video is to SLOW WAY down as soon as I see something that "looks wrong" on the road ahead. Getting the speed down from 60 mph to 30 mph makes a big difference.

dT

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
It looks like the truck nearly runs over another person on the opposite side of the road. The rider got really lucky there.

·
On The Road Again!
3,132 Posts
How about putting that video somewhere that ALL of us can see it.
Many of us refuse to have anything to do with facebook.
That includes me!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have any control over FaceBook. I don't have another place
where I could put videos on the Internet and have them accessible.

I agree that FaceBook can be a bizarre world. HAHAHA!!!

dT

·
On The Road Again!
3,132 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
20,500 Posts
My guess is you are missing some video app. More likely some game app. I had to add something called Quicktime to mine before it worked. But I have a Mac so it would be different for other computers. There are are bunch of different video apps so good luck finding the one you need. If it hadn't been the second time in two days that I had trouble viewing some video of unknown origin I would have just ignored it myself. But twice in two days? I had to search it out.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It's funny that link worked fine for me yesterday. Not working today though..

That guy is either the luckiest MOFO on the planet, or an expert stunt driver. Either way, if he didn't go buy a lottery ticket immediately after that crash he was nuts! I'm certain he needed to buy fresh underwear after that!

Here's a Youtube link to it

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Watching that truck I don't think he even knew what happened, it is obvious he had his head stuck where the sun don't shine.

I don't like to stereo type anyone but I have been a truck tech for a lot of years. Some drivers are good conscientious drivers, some are complete idiots, it isn't too hard to figure what category this one belongs in.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Man... I think if anything he was just lucky but it worked out for him. I agree that he should have been expecting the worse because on a real level a lot of drivers seem to look right through motorcyclist and/or they feel safer in their shells so drive more reckless.

On another note. I lived in Brasil for a while. In fact, my wife is Brazilian and started off riding bikes before cars as is common in Brasil. So you would think this country would be more aware of bikers but I have heard/seen some scary stuff there with the driving. Driving in Brasil is notoriously more aggressive than a lot of places. So you would think the rider would know that as well.

Day 2 in Brasil I was lifted off the seat multiple times riding the public bus through the crowded streets of Porto Alegre. I also saw a bus plow down a ped once too. :(

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
different value system for human life, huh?
I'm not putting Brazil down - that stuff is common in a lot of other countries.

dT

·
Registered
59 Posts
<3 Brasil

different value system for human life, huh?
I'm not putting Brazil down - that stuff is common in a lot of other countries.

dT
Haha Id never put Brasil down. I see a lot the country has that I would not agree with but a lot too that I love about the country. Such is the way life is in every country. I love Brasil.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts