Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a 2015 899 Panigale soon, but I need help on keeping it showroom ready. I'm going to be using it daily just for the gym which is about 4 miles away. Should it be cleaned EVERY ride? also, can a foam cannon be used on a bike?

·
8,606 Posts
I just hope Ya buy the thing PLEASE:confused:

The Panagle to ride 4 miles to the Gym--isn't that a little over kill?:wink:

Buy it, get it painted that ugly primer color that you like.:confused:

Wash and wax it every day before your long, first gear only trip to the Gym:p

What kind of bikes have you had, what do you have now, where do you live and how old are you??:biggrin:

I'm sort of reminded of a young spud that started posting on here that was 16 or so and had only ridden a Honda Trail 90 on the dirt. We tried to give him sage advice but he kept asking inane question and didn't seem to respond to advice.:(

Unless you have LOTS of experience, the Ducati is way to much of a bike for you and you will probably end up wrecking it an hurting yourself.

Duc's are for experienced riders and anyone asking about something as rudimentary as cleaning has no idea about bikes at all. This means you have no idea about simple maintenance that is essential on sportbikes.

I have no idea what a FOAM cannon is but I assume you are talking about pressure washers??? No, don't use them as high pressure water is forced into every crack, crevice and electrical part of a bike. Of course, with as few miles as you may put on ANY bike, it probably won't get dirty and even won't have time to adequately charge it's battery.:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mind boggling,does the foam cannon mount on the bike?I am with Porky here,if you don't know how often you should clean a bike are you sure you need a rocket underneath you.Maybe we should be talking MSF courses and Honda Rebels here.:coffee:

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
I think I'd save my gym money, leave your new bike parked and run or walk to the gym. Kill 2 birds with one stone and have left over money.:confused:

·
8,606 Posts
Good idea Hog, I never even thought of that:biggrin:

Next it will be how often should I change the air in my tire's:confused:

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
If you didn't change your winter air with summer air it will void your warranty.

·
The 43rd Poser
440 Posts
A $15k bike to get to the gym?

A pair of $150 Nike's would be a wiser way to spend your money.

If you want a bike, buy a bike and ride the damn thing.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Rough crowd today! Hangovers? :p

OP, you do not need to wash your bike every day. You can, but most just wash them when they are dirty. Some of us just wash them when we cant tell what color they are anymore. :). Pressure washers are, in general, a bad idea for the reasons mentioned by Porky.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I used to ride 3.25 miles to work, and when the oil change was due, some 'peanut butter' came out with the oil. That was water-oil mix, from not getting the oil hot enough to make the water evaporate from the crankcase. I changed my route, to 5 miles, which helped get it warmer, but always took a longer ride once a week to bake it out, perhaps 20 miles, minimum.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Save your gym money. Washing it everyday is exercise in itself. :biggrin: I give it 3 months tops and the washing everyday will be a wash.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Why do you need a Ducati to just ride 4 miles to the gym? Seems like a waste to me. A 250R could do that just fine with far less maintenance requirements.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why buy a 250 when I could take the bus? Actually why take the bus when I could just bike? Actually, I should save my $10 a month and not go... Live a little for once.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts