Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hounding my dad for this bike for years and years. And finally, he's passed it down to me. I'm a sentimental type of guy, so I'm very excited. Check this thing out.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is a '76 CB750. Near original condition. The video explains it a little more, once you can view it. But my dad bought it in the spring of 1977. The previous owner had it for one year and traded it in. Dad's buddy worked at the dealer and called him to look at it before they put it on the floor for sale. The first owner changed the exhaust, the only major non-stock item on the bike. I was born in September of 1977, and my first ride on a motorcycle was while I was still in my mother's womb, on this motorcycle. I believe this is why I love motorcycles, I was started with them at a very young age. ;)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
So you are his favorite then :) That is great that he saved it for you

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
That's cool. Sounds great. And kick start!!!! Perfect for that one time when the battery is weak so you can still get home. They should never stop putting those in. JMO

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, two of my three bikes now have kick start. One as the only way to start it ('94 XT350), one as back up (this one), and one without ('06 Sportster).

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Congratulations! That's a very special bike with a great story. Great original survivor!

·
Pale Rider
528 Posts
The CB750 is a piece of motorcycle history: the first Super-Bike, back in 1969. I had a '79 K model. Fantastic bike. Too bad it doesn't have the original, four-into-four exhaust. That is a beautiful, reliable bike. Make sure it gets ridden, regularly. Dry-rot is a terrible thing... Cheers!

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
When I first read your Post title, I was thinking "CB" as in:

I've been into "CB's" of THIS type, for YEARS!! (Still operate one in my truck!!).

The BIKE you are speaking of, looks like it would be a good deal of fun, too!!

-Soupy

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the receipt that from a local, well respected independent cycle shop. My dad brought the bike to the shop in March of 2013. It is a nicely detailed receipt. Dad dropped about $1000 on the bike there. The shop went through the carbs, points and timing, valve check, new sprockets and chain, oil, filter, brakes, etc, etc, etc.

I knew dad took the bike there, but I didn't realize how much work was done. I'm happily surprised. I thought I was going to need to go through the bike and do all of that myself. The only thing I needed to do was take care of a loud brake squeal (glazed rotor), change the oil and filter, and I'll need a new front tire and tube.

I took the bike for a couple nice rides. This thing is a blast to ride. Very fun and sporty, given it's age. The exhaust, while not stock, makes up for it by sounding wicked mean. If you ever heard an old VW Bug with a hopped up engine and exhaust, it sounds very similar. Just plain old cool sounding.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
From the video clip it sounded good and most vids don't come close to the real thing. Enjoy!

·
Subversive
416 Posts
When I first read your Post title, I was thinking "CB" as in:

I've been into "CB's" of THIS type, for YEARS!! (Still operate one in my truck!!).

The BIKE you are speaking of, looks like it would be a good deal of fun, too!!

-Soupy
HaHa.... Yeah that popped into my head too... I was big into them in the old days... I was considering getting one again with a big old linear amp... :eek:

·
8,606 Posts
That is a beautiful example of Honda history and technology and they were very advanced at the time: smooth, fast and very reliable.:)

I had a new 1974 CB750 K4 and a new 1976 CB750A-automatic. I really wish I still had the automatic one.

Congrat's!!

Sam:coffeescreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts