Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this Cylinder in this condition. As you can see there’s a big chunk that broke off. Is this still okay to use or junk? Also what is the best way to clean this up? Thank you!

Attachments

· Save them all!
3,973 Posts
The broken fin really doesn't concern me all that much - fins break all the time.

The cylinder walls are going to need a loooot of machine work and clean up though..

· Gone.
14,767 Posts
It might be okay-ish wthout the part of the cooling fin but I'm more concerned with the bore. If it has any pitting at all it will have to be bored out and re-finished, and that bore looks pretty nasty. If it is a hard material you may be able to remove the rust and refinish it, but you're going to have to measure it to make sure it's within the service wear limits and isn't belled out or misshapen somehow.

· Save them all!
3,973 Posts
Well there it is.. Eye I wrote that post this morning but it never showed up. I guess it appeared sometime later..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.