Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of year again and I put the dates of the motorcycle show on to my calendar. I first went to the show in Chicago in 1991, so this will be about 30 years if I get to go this year, although I did miss one here and there when I had some serious surgery over the years. The last few years have been disappointing, with fewer manufacturers than in the past, and far fewer vendors. Last year it seemed as if half the vendors there were selling things unrelated to motorcycling, or marginally related at best. Gone are the days, it seems, where one could find the major brands of motorcycle helmets and clothing and get to try on many all in one place to find what works best. I think that in the last three years I came home with nothing other than the commemorative t-shirt for the show, or maybe with a pair of new gloves and that's about it. But most likely I will go again. Its my only bike related "fix" during the harsh months of winter and it does stimulate my "wish list" thinking in the event that I hit the lottery, finally. For me, the sad part is that for the past dozen years or so I have gone with several friends, and while some of them might want to go this year, none of them ride any longer. Due to age/illness, or in one case, young children that have led him to sell his bike, I am the only rider left in the crowd. But at least for one day in the middle of winter I can be immersed in motorcycles.

·
On The Road Again!
4,221 Posts
My bike club goes to the show in NYC as a group each year.
I've never gone with them for several reasons.
A. There is nothing there that I'd want.
B. Even if I wanted it, I couldn't afford it.
C. It's in NYC which I avoid like the plague.
I hate big cities.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Chicago show is not really in Chicago. It is in a suburb called Rosemont, which is where O'Hare airport is. I can drive there and park in the parking deck without actually going thru or to the city of Chicago itself. If the show were in downtown Chicago I would not even consider going to it.

·
On The Road Again!
4,221 Posts
Unfortunately, the New York show IS in the heart of New York City. No thanks.

·
Visionary
5,302 Posts
Unfortunately, the New York show IS in the heart of New York City. No thanks.

I cheat, I park in NJ and take the ferry across the river. The dock is 2 short blocks walk to the show. Minimal NYC exposure. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.