Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to build a cafe racer and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a set of later model forks, perhaps from a crotch rocket, that will fit my '75 R90/6 with little to no modifications. I know I will have to deal with the brakes, but I'm just looking for a fit for now.

Thanks,

·
Registered
75 Posts
You might try early K-bike forks.

Or measure the dimensions of the /6 neck, and go to the junkyards with your calipers.

The steering neck on my nephew's GSXR750 is insanely huge compared to airheads. And plastic bearing races!!!

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Fact is if you can get a steering tube machined to fit the forks and your head tube with some bearing that suits, you can fit about any fork to your bike. The critical part is if the overall fork length.

Brakes will be little issue if you get the mastercylinder and brake set up with the forks. Just use 'em.

My brother used some Bultaco Pursang forks on a 305 street/traker, a friend has used GSXR inverted forks on both a CBX street fighter and XS650, and I've seen numerous ones on other projects. Usually the only issue is getting a steering tube to suit the bearings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts