Motorcycle Forum banner

401 - 420 of 445 Posts

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Intent:)

Sam:)
Clearly, and good answer. :coffeescreen::71baldboy:

I guess I should have asked what attributes and features of a bike make it one that's called a "cruiser?" I'm not all up on some of the current terms and how they're used. In my world, nearly all bikes can be "cruisers."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Clearly, and good answer. :coffeescreen::71baldboy:

I guess I should have asked what attributes and features of a bike make it one that's called a "cruiser?" I'm not all up on some of the current terms and how they're used. In my world, nearly all bikes can be "cruisers."
This is a cruiser mate.A good looking,reliable bike,that you can carry everything you need on.An overheating/broke down Harley, with the front wheel in the next state,and no storage,aint.:biggrin:

Attachments

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
This is a cruiser mate.A good looking,reliable bike,that you can carry everything you need on.An overheating/broke down Harley, with the front wheel in the next state,and no storage,aint.:biggrin:
Mate???

Not 100%, but I have met his wife and I'm pretty sure he doesn't swing that way.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,588 Posts
In my mind a 'cruiser' is a bike designed for long distance in comfort as it's main purpose.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A cruiser is rather like Justice Potter Stewart of SCOTUS once famously commented about obscenity, I can't well define it but "I know it when I see it." :D

Critter's definition above is definitely part of it.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
To me a "cruiser" denotes around-town cruising in style and comfort. Anything from bar-hopping, to commuting to work, to day-long rides and weekend over-night jaunts.

Bikes set up for long rides are what I would call a "touring" bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Every bike is a compromise. A cruiser gives you both practicality of a run-to-the-store/commuter bike, along with the ability to take day-trips at interstate speed. A cruiser is also defined by the silhouette (raked front, curved tank, relatively low seat position).

·
Registered
537 Posts
2005 Honda VTX 1300

From last year with my tallest windshield:

Resent with the shorter windshield, I like it better.

1995 HD 883.

Two very different bikes, but I would consider both cruisers? Regardless of the name the HD was born with.

401 - 420 of 445 Posts