Motorcycle Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
1,086 Posts
Whew ~ that was too fast for that bike, when he stepped out the rear tire I thought that was going to be it .

Good riding skills for the bike I think .

Was that a Dyna, Sportster or what ? .

Riding slow bikes quickly is fun and not as dangerous (IMO) as riding fast......

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If you like it, it matters not what it is nor where it was made .

I've owned American(two Harleys, great bikes) and multiple Japanese and German bikes along with a Moto Guzzi .

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That's a shame .

I bought a Kawasaki W650, it handles fine but the thin, poorly padded seat drove me off after two hours of riding time .

Now, I'm pondering buying it back because two hours is all the riding I can do any more .

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought a Kawasaki W650, it handles fine but the thin, poorly padded seat drove me off after two hours of riding time .
Yep, same here.
The retros are a compromise bike.
They aren't great or terrible at anything.
If you could only own one bike & have varied interests, it might be an option.
I don't regret the Enfield purchase. (Interceptor 650)

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Loved the video. I can see why that guy likes riding like that, but its just not for me. I'll go a bit slower, take a look-see at the scenery and move over for him, and the sport bikes.

And if it wasn't for us slower, scenery watchers, who would call 911 when the fast dudes made a little mistake?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
If you pay close attention, you'll see that the guy recording him is on a sport bike, and isn't even working up a sweat keeping up with him. Check the difference in lean angle through the corners. It's the old expression come backagain... It's fast (for a Harley).

Handling/cornering are affected by a boatload of factors (see Moto GP), but there are a few elephants in the room: Rake, Trail, weight, wheelbase, and lean angle clearance. H-D comes up with bad numbers all the way around.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
581 Posts
I've watched them at Road America, and it's a hoot.

Just in case you're not familiar with "King of the Baggers" : Those bikes are to stock Harleys and Indians what NASCAR machines are to what's on the showroom floor. And it should be noted that the 600 sport bikes are still faster than the baggers.

·
On The Road Again!
4,817 Posts
A good seat makes all the difference in the world. And stock seats can be anywhere from awful to great. The stock seat on my Honda Trail 90 just kills my butt. But the stock seat on my Goldwing is the best I've ever ridden on. I can ride that bike all day, hundreds of miles, and I'm still comfortable.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'm with you R.G. ~ I used to ride faster than I do now but I hope I never rode at 10/10ths on a public road like he did .

I'm okay with the stock CT90 seats, I've ridden them from So. Cal. to Death Valley and back, the slow pace allowed me to sight see, I like sightseeing .

My old Beemers all had good seats, I wonder why Kawasaki dropped the ball on the W650 .

I used to have a Motocycle trimmer who'd make seat covers with gel pads inside them, boy howdy were they comfy .

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
1,333 Posts
Loved the video. I can see why that guy likes riding like that, but its just not for me. I'll go a bit slower, take a look-see at the scenery and move over for him, and the sport bikes.

And if it wasn't for us slower, scenery watchers, who would call 911 when the fast dudes made a little mistake?
You're NOT slow, Buddy...😉:ROFLMAO:(y)

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
1,333 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
16,369 Posts
You used to be able to get that here in the states on Speedvision, along with the English sedan racing.

• Helpful
Reactions: -Nate
101 - 118 of 118 Posts