Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
sub-Administrator American Legion Rider KA5LRS
27,815 Posts
You can be posing and not even realize it. How many change riding gear just because they changed brands of bikes. Or just look at most Harley riders. They all look the same. Is it bad? Who’s to say. Just try being yourself.

·
Registered
203 Posts
When I'd ride the VTX after I went to touring gear, I felt like I was an alien when I did the occasional local group ride with all the cruisers. They probably thought I was being a poser but that was just the gear I had and was comfortable with.

Retired Guy, on your heroes comment, I can say that hero might be an overstatement but there are some guys on the long distance forums that I sure respect and admire a lot. I'd go into details, but I've taken us too far off track from the topic. Another post another time...

·
Premium Member
10,672 Posts
You can be posing and not even realize it. How many change riding gear just because they changed brands of bikes. Or just look at most Harley riders. They all look the same. Is it bad? Who’s to say. Just try being yourself.
Took some bike parts from the XS400 to the paint guy today.
Told me he was painting a Shovelhead for a guy, who wanted it purple. Yikes. Asked me what colour I wanted DP, so I told him Indigo. UK

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
1,086 Posts
'HERO' ~

Oh yes ~ you mean like Tom Mix, right ? .

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
1,086 Posts
That's just mean :ROFLMAO: .

A different machine for a different use, nothing wrong with that .

My son bought a Ducati with a racing kit, he pretty much insisted I ride it down some seriously twisty canyons, it was way faster than my old BMW but I didn't like it much ~ my spine was killing me after an hour .

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I chatted with a Harley rider today that was headed with his group to run a local back road through the high country. We agreed it was the best road in all of Arizona. I commented you can run it slow and it's great, or you can run it stupid fast and it's great. His comment was, "we ride stupid-stupid fast" with a grin. I guess there are a few Harley riders that aren't into "see America" except as a blur!!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I don't know exactly when it happened, but apparently at some point in my life I wanted some of the things on my bike that I have in my truck. A cup holder, cruise control and a radio. In my younger days I had a Ford Mustang and a CB350 Honda, now I've got a pick'em up truck and a Harley. I'm wondering where my priorities changed?

I think it was sometime after I got married.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
581 Posts
I chatted with a Harley rider today that was headed with his group to run a local back road through the high country. We agreed it was the best road in all of Arizona. I commented you can run it slow and it's great, or you can run it stupid fast and it's great. His comment was, "we ride stupid-stupid fast" with a grin. I guess there are a few Harley riders that aren't into "see America" except as a blur!!
You need to remember that H-D riders have a different concept of "stupid fast" than those of us on sport bikes, sport touring bikes, or nakeds.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
581 Posts
If you pay close attention, you'll see that the guy recording him is on a sport bike, and isn't even working up a sweat keeping up with him. Check the difference in lean angle through the corners. It's the old expression come backagain... It's fast (for a Harley).

Handling/cornering are affected by a boatload of factors (see Moto GP), but there are a few elephants in the room: Rake, Trail, weight, wheelbase, and lean angle clearance. H-D comes up with bad numbers all the way around.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You need to remember that H-D riders have a different concept of "stupid fast" than those of us on sport bikes, sport touring bikes, or nakeds.
Yes I agree. Keep in mind, this rider said "stupid, stupid fast" with a grin! I wasn't on my bike this morning or I would have been temped to trail him for a while until I was tired of going slow. I was just pointing out that some Harley folks aren't into sight seeing as much as most seem to be. I do have a rider friend that is an exception and has the grind marks on his straight pipe to prove it. He does hit the edge in my opinion and when I'm riding with him I am a bit concerned at times.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If you pay close attention, you'll see that the guy recording him is on a sport bike, and isn't even working up a sweat keeping up with him. Check the difference in lean angle through the corners. It's the old expression come backagain... It's fast (for a Harley).

Handling/cornering are affected by a boatload of factors (see Moto GP), but there are a few elephants in the room: Rake, Trail, weight, wheelbase, and lean angle clearance. H-D comes up with bad numbers all the way around.
His body position is comical. another one of those guys in for a rude and painful awakening (if he awakens!).

81 - 100 of 118 Posts