Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a website that allows you to create your own motorcycle. Hopefully one that will allow you to choose a frame type, wheel base, etc. I am hoping to find one that's free, but if not a software would be ok too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What type of bike are you looking at putting together?
Yea, I should have clarified that. I am wanting to design my own chopper. Or even use my existing bike and just do accessories, but hoping to see the finish product before I start the assembly or.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking for a website that allows you to create your own motorcycle. Hopefully one that will allow you to choose a frame type, wheel base, etc. I am hoping to find one that's free, but if not a software would be ok too.
You mean that you want to customize a bike? That was great, for me customizing a bike is a great thing to do.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean that you want to customize a bike? That was great, for me customizing a bike is a great thing to do.
Well, I always thought that customizing was taking an already created item and converting pieces of it to fit your style, but after all is said and done, you still have the original frame.I would like to actually design a chopper for me starting from frame creating to transmission style. Basically draw out what I want, give it to someone and 4 months later have what I drew (I am not a good artist with the pencils tho). But, if there is software that someone can get that allows you to add customizations to a current motorcycle before having to purchase the custom parts first, I guess that could work too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
You have options of buying all the bits and pieces and creating your "own" bike out of prefabbed parts. If you have the skills to do this you could get the exact bike you are looking for with a reasonable cost. This method you can source parts new or used.

Fabbing your own frame could be more of a challenge. It could also be a legal problem depending on your state's vehicle laws. Depending on the state you may have to have your welds on the structural components inspected before you can get the state to issue a VIN to the frame. That may be minor compaired to the fabrication of a frame, depending on your skillset.

Most of all keep recipts for ANY purchase of parts going to a bike if you are going to build it from the ground up. Some aftermarket frames will have a VIN already issued to them but most do not so in order to get the VIN and license you will need to have one issued.

I used to rebuild totaled cars and any parts needed to complete the build and put the car on the road was checked by the State Patrol to make sure the parts did not come off a stolen vehicle. This process I found went alot faster if I provided pictures of the damage so they could see that the recipts followed the parts I needed and I was not "forgetting" anything. This will be a good idea if you find a wrecked bike that needs rebuilding as your starting point for a custom bike.

Massey

·
Registered
17 Posts
box chopper

you used to be able to order build your own bike in a box from tucker rocky. havent looked in the book for that stuff for a few years but had a friend wanting to go that direction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts