Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. It sucks. Went int a tight corner blind at 35 mph in 4th gear, shoulda been in 3rd. Hit the brakes, which stood me up and went high side. Dislocated my shoulder, went to the hospital in an ambulance. This was by far the most painful thing that has ever happened to me.

On a positive note, I was really lucky. I was with great people. One of the other riders is an emt. She was Johnny on the spot. Meanwhile, a sheriff happened along looking for a lost elderly person with Alzheimer's. I didn't hit my head: My helmet didn't have a scratch on it. I will live to see another day ��

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Head injuries are the ones that we really need to avoid. It's a good thing you hit elsewhere. Hopefully you heal quickly.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,354 Posts
Glad you are okay, can the 'ambulance' be repaired?

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Really sorry to hear that, Hawk! Glad you're OK though! Keep us updated!

·
8,592 Posts
Thank GOD you are relatively okay Hawk.

Your shoulder will heal but it will take a while to be pain free.

I will pray for your swift recovery.

Sam:)

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
You'll be in my prayers that you recover quickly, my friend.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
A high side really sucks but I am glad to hear you have survived to ride again.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The bike, l have no idea. My friends told me, "It's actually not that bad, all things considered". By the time they were picking it up, l was flat on my back with my shoulder all messed up, and l was in massive pain while they got me from the ground to the ambulance, so l never saw it upright again.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Man that sucks hawk. I hate blind turns too. I know what you mean. Now that you got that out of the way, fix the bike and have at it again. Would the wheels and suspension change you planned to do have helped or was you just too hot into the corner period?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts