Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Craftsman MC Jack model 50190 (RED unit). I purchased it about 10 years ago, and finally decided I want to change the oil. The thing has been working flawlessly for all that time. The manual is pretty sketchy. How do I drain and replace the oil? Anyone familiar with that jack and fluid change procedure ???

OK here is part 2

Re: CRAFTSMAN MOTORCYCLE JACK MODEL 50190 RED NEEDS OIL CHANGE

« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:06:22 PM »

Modify

OK, have you ever started a what seemed like a simple job, and have it turn into a nightmare?

I bled the old oil but there are 2 holes one with a cap and an adjustment screw at the bottom which I believe is the release valve. The other is a threaded screw plug that I believe is where you put in the oil. FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I cannot seem to get the oil to go into that damn ram cylinder. I must be doing something wrong as I got more lift oil on the floor than I did in the cylinder or so it seems. Now the lift will only go up about 1/3 of the way then it stops. I cannot figure out how to bleed the air out if that is what it needs. when I tried to bleed it the oil shoots out like a squirt gun. I have rebuilt engines and transmissions and primaries, but this thing has got me baffled only 2 holes and I seem to have made a master project out of it.

Any suggestions

1 - 1 of 1 Posts