Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the weekend I took an MSF course. With everything going on in the news and everything i figured I’d go ahead and not reschedule because I needed a bit of personal therapy. So I’ve passed it and we were given little cards to take to the DMV so we could have our endorsement but we were told we couldn’t ride with the cards. Problem is the day after completing the course I found out the dmv is not letting people inside the office and is only acting as a drive through for titles so in other words no licenses right now. Apparently Missouri is going to be like this for two weeks. What confuses me is I know because of some of these changes the laws on the books don’t necessarily apply like they would but I’m not sure if a motorcycle license is one of this things that has changed for the time being

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm no lawyer, and it's probably different in your state, but here the police are being super lenient. They are even letting all the low level offenders out of the jails to minimize the spread of infection.

If I had a car driving license, I personally wouldn't be too concerned with not having the Motorcycle designation. Carry your little card, tell them your story and I'd expect you'll be fine. If things seem to be going the wrong way, start coughing.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
While it is not legal advise here in Maryland they closed the DMV they are telling everyone that if your license expires during this period they will wave renewal until everything is open again.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Try to open an online account if you have not with the DMV. In Virginia you can do just about anything online if you drill down through all the menus and find the right one. Where I live it has taken up to three months to get an appointment. Send them a picture of both sides of your old and new license. Maybe you will get lucky.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
MD is the same I got tired on driving around on an expired license so I decided to renew it First I tried on line, the website said my eye test was too old. Checked my eye doctor is on the list of authorized places to submit the eye test results to the MVA. They did and I waited a week, still no current eye exam on file. Call the doctor again, he submitted again. Waited another week, you guest it, no current eye exam of file.

During this period I had been corresponding with the MVA via email. No one could figure out what was going wrong. So I said screw it (actually it was more like &^%#^^%[email protected]&&&(&$#) and made an appointment to renew my license in person. This was in January, my appointment is for May.

Reactions: Retired Guy
1 - 5 of 5 Posts