Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coupon for the Harbor Freight Motorcycle lift for 299.00 You can [should ] be able to just give them the coupon code number at the store, or when ordering one shipped to your house. It is valid through 8/19/15 so there is time to save up if you want one. The code is 73329818.

I will try to scrounge up some Sunday papers with additional coupons. PM me if you want one. I do not own one of these, so this is not an endorsement to purchase them.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
Two of my friends each bought one. For the money they're a pretty good unit. The local store kept selling out, took them four trips to finally get theirs. One had a jack that wouldn't hold. HF sent them a new jack right away. The front wheel vise is not the greatest but a new and better one can be made.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
It looks like the safety pin for locking the lift in place is bowing a little. My friends did the same thing so he opened up the holes and uses a piece of 1" stressproof shaft.

I don't think it's going to be a big concern, he just didn't like the looks of it.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
It looks like the safety pin for locking the lift in place is bowing a little. My friends did the same thing so he opened up the holes and uses a piece of 1" stressproof shaft.

I don't think it's going to be a big concern, he just didn't like the looks of it.
Yeah it bows, but it doesn't hurt anything.

·
American Legion Rider
18,508 Posts
How do you change rear tire? Is there another drop down or do you not pull so far forward and use the rear drop down? Or front tire for that matter. Back to a jack in both cases?

·
Registered
47 Posts
How do you change rear tire? Is there another drop down or do you not pull so far forward and use the rear drop down? Or front tire for that matter. Back to a jack in both cases?
was wondering the same thing... i guess it would prevent some bending over, but doesnt really look like it would be good for actually working on stuff that usually requires a jack. wouldnt mind having one for exhaust or motor work though.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I think I'd probably put my bike on that to do just about everything.

One of these days, not having to bend over, kneel, lay on the floor, will become a very big plus.

·
American Legion Rider
18,508 Posts
Cool. It's looking better all the time but my jack is getting the job done for now. Guess I could tell the wife I need one if I can worm a Indian saying the jack won't work now.:D

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update code Number till Christmas

The new code number for the 299.00 deal is 84189900 Good until 12/30/15.

I also have a couple coupons I can send you if you PM me--first come first served.

·
American Legion Rider
18,508 Posts
Hey slum, is that code only good at a store or does it work online too? I don't see a place to use it online. Just gift card numbers. Price online is $430 plus $100 delivery charge. I was hoping the code would knock the pre-delivery price down enough to cover delivery but I'm just not seeing any place to use it. But I've never used their online order form before either. Though I'd give it a shot but I ain't paying $500 for it.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have used coupons online before. Probably your best bet is just use the phone to order and ask the operator if the coupon discount works. The coupon states the following, "good at our stores or HarborFreight.com. or by calling 800-423-2567"

It also states [I am assuming for in store sales} "original coupon must be presented" I have just used codes gleaned from the internet in the stores before, so that last requirement may be to prevent the use of copy machines.

If you want one, it is yours and you can buy up to three lifts with one coupon.

Slum.

·
Veteran Member
3,201 Posts
HF used to sell this same lift as another model that had a few upgrade. That is the version I have. It came with a better wheel vise and pneumatic lift, as well as the foot pump. I wish they still sold this model for everyone, as it was a much better bang for you buck. The current model is still a steal, but ditch that wheel vise before you even think about bolting it to the table, and get something better.

Some people second guess the quality, being a HF unit. But I can tell you I've had mine in continual use for nearly 10 years now, without a single problem. The welds are ugly but good. And the jack does bleed off over time, so be sure to use the safety bar after you have it in the air. It handles everything from my little XT350 to my 850lb Ultra Glide. For the money it can't be beat. Here's a video lifting my 600lb Sportster, and a picture with the Honda sitting up high.

·
American Legion Rider
18,508 Posts
I have used coupons online before. Probably your best bet is just use the phone to order and ask the operator if the coupon discount works. The coupon states the following, "good at our stores or HarborFreight.com. or by calling 800-423-2567"

It also states [I am assuming for in store sales} "original coupon must be presented" I have just used codes gleaned from the internet in the stores before, so that last requirement may be to prevent the use of copy machines.

If you want one, it is yours and you can buy up to three lifts with one coupon.

Slum.
Thanks slum but give it to someone that's not just playing around like I was this morning. I may just get my AG discount going with them again anyway. I'm coming up with a pretty good Xmas list of things I need just to keep things operational around here. I let it laps about 2 years ago because I just wasn't buying that much. But it looks like that time is here again. I don't "absolutely" have to have it right now like others might.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,442 Posts
Those are nice with the drop down, frees up the rear wheel to work on it, or the front I guess if you have it backed on the lift.

I just have an inexpensive slide in from the side lift that has about a two foot lift. But both wheels are free to work on.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Those are nice with the drop down, frees up the rear wheel to work on it, or the front I guess if you have it backed on the lift.

I just have an inexpensive slide in from the side lift that has about a two foot lift. But both wheels are free to work on.
That will serve you just fine for most anything you want to do.

The drop down isn't as wonderful as it's made out to be. Yes, it's handy sometimes, but I'd guess I use it about half the time when changing a rear tire. Mostly on baggers. (I still need another jack when changing a rear.)

For changing fronts I don't try to back the bike in. I'm not that co-ordinated. I run it up like normal, strap it down at the rear instead of front, put the Fat Jack under the forward frame, loosen the tire clap and hoist away. I usually keep a set of front straps on just in case, and I usually block up the rear tire, but overall it's much faster to change a front then a rear.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts