Motorcycle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am building a new home. Exciting rather than boring. However Mrs Snippets has just started her second week of self imposed quarantine. Bored bored bored.
Who said that. Animal cartoon, first hint.

UK
What was the name of this game ? I think Ive seen some videos of it on youtube before, it was cute but still boring for me : ))))

·
Visionary
3,151 Posts
My wife is convinced she has already had this colvid-19 virus and she might be right. If and when they get the test that can show if you have or not she's going to get it just to satisfy her own curiosity. She did have what she thought was flu so went to the doc to see what he could do. Tested for flu and it came back negative. This was back in mid January. Doc shot her with some steroid junk and a few days later was almost fine. So all the signs of flu yet test negative to flu? She might be right.She is around a lot of military types coming from who knows where. So why didn't I get it? She did sleep in another bedroom she says. I don't know, I sure didn't miss her. :D :D :D I do tend to get up when she finally comes to bed most of the time anyway. I can't stand the snoring. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And she keeps the bedroom fogged with whatever kinds of essential oils. So who knows.
I'm in exactly the same boat as your wife, I had something back in January, felt awful, aches and pains, flu symptoms except no runny nose or sneezing, instead I had a weird dry cough and tight chest. Others at work had it too. For those not aware, I work at one of the busiest international airports around, and for the carrier who had the most flights from China and all of the east. mostly into my airport. I think this virus has been here a lot longer than people know for sure.
When I felt sick I went to the redi-care, they gave me tamiflu and cough pills, didn't bother testing for flu, said it was almost certain anyway since the flu was going around. I felt better 2 days later, 4-5 days total, except the cough lingered for 2 weeks, a weird cough, unlike any that I've had before. That recovery was too fast for the flu, it would have taken another week. I've been fine since. I have a feeling I had an early mild case of it too, a few people at work agree, we all had the same symptoms of SOMETHING then recovered...which if it was covid-19 might just be a good thing.

·
American Legion Rider
19,496 Posts
Yep, my wife had the weird dry cough as well. What kept me from getting it? Maybe her witches brew of essential oils have done it again. I did have the dry cough but not as bad as her and no other symptoms, so I don’t think I had it. It will be interesting to see what the test shows if they ever get it out there.

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
What was the name of this game ? I think Ive seen some videos of it on youtube before, it was cute but still boring for me : ))))
Garfield. The overweight cat that likes lasagna, said boring boring boring, His likely comment about the virus would be " wake me up when it is over "
I have been on my Island since the first week of this year. The only cause for concern has been for folks that have traveled overseas, and there are quite a few that do that, including Mrs Snippets who goes everywhere.
The closest city is across the puddle by ferry. No reports of the virus there. 110 kilometers South is Victoria BC. There are reported cases from there. Just thunked, I can text some friends who live there. And yesterday I thought of my brother in NZ. Better text him too.

UK

·
Registered
46 Posts
Garfield. The overweight cat that likes lasagna, said boring boring boring, His likely comment about the virus would be " wake me up when it is over "
I have been on my Island since the first week of this year. The only cause for concern has been for folks that have traveled overseas, and there are quite a few that do that, including Mrs Snippets who goes everywhere.
The closest city is across the puddle by ferry. No reports of the virus there. 110 kilometers South is Victoria BC. There are reported cases from there. Just thunked, I can text some friends who live there. And yesterday I thought of my brother in NZ. Better text him too.

UK

lol okay I see now. Garfield. When you said you are busy with building your home I thought you are playing a "home construction" game, I have no idea why I thought so. Its been long since I ve stopped watching cartoons and TV. I am not get used to stay at home this much. I would like to build my tiny home somewhere in the middle of nature, a small kitchen, a bed, a shower, thats all and enough. What is "UK" ?

·
Visionary
3,151 Posts
Anywho, I just got an email from work stating we will soon receive official letters showing that our job is part of the critical logistics for the country and we are to keep it with us at all times and present it as proof that we are allowed to be at work when stopped.
I got my letter today. The title sure sounds impressive.
"Critical Infrastructure Exempt Worker Certification
Per US Code Title 42 Section 5195c(e) and DHS-CISA"

One of our folks got stopped by the State police this morning and asked where he was going, he didn't have his letter yet but he had his Govt issued airport access badge, that got him the green light. Not sure what would have happened if he had said he was out taking a ride at 03:30 instead of heading to work.

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
lol okay I see now. Garfield. When you said you are busy with building your home I thought you are playing a "home construction" game, I have no idea why I thought so. Its been long since I ve stopped watching cartoons and TV. I am not get used to stay at home this much. I would like to build my tiny home somewhere in the middle of nature, a small kitchen, a bed, a shower, thats all and enough. What is "UK" ?
I am building a real life size place, but not too big. 24 X 18 outside measurements. 2 floors. For the bikes and tools I have three sheds. Plus a utility shed. After i get the occupancy permit later this year, I will count my $$$ and may build a room at the rear of the new place.
UK is Unkle Krusty, or United Kingdom. I am originally from London England. Lived in New Zealand, Hawaii, and now BC Canada.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
If someone tests positive for corona, gets sick, and after the virus runs it's coarse and the person recovers, a test after that will test negative. We had a 42 year old woman die here yesterday with no underlying conditions. Right now all eyes are on a 12 year old that has it pretty bad (appears people are getting it at different degrees), she's on a ventilator. If she doesn't make it, I expect it will make national news.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am building a real life size place, but not too big. 24 X 18 outside measurements. 2 floors. For the bikes and tools I have three sheds. Plus a utility shed. After i get the occupancy permit later this year, I will count my $$$ and may build a room at the rear of the new place.
UK is Unkle Krusty, or United Kingdom. I am originally from London England. Lived in New Zealand, Hawaii, and now BC Canada.
I think it is "big" home if this size is in meters. My dream home is 3 X 8 aww, maybe 4 X 8, nothing bigger. How lucky you are, did you not like the other countries you lived ? or are you just another "ride it wherever the road goes" kind of person ? lol ...

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
I think it is "big" home if this size is in meters. My dream home is 3 X 8 aww, maybe 4 X 8, nothing bigger. How lucky you are, did you not like the other countries you lived ? or are you just another "ride it wherever the road goes" kind of person ? lol ...
I am a happy person wherever I am. There were things for me to do, that finally got me here. Although Canada is metric, many things are in Imperial. We use feet for building. So 24 X 18 feet. The US has not changed, so we keep the old measurements for some things, but mostly building.
I often order bike parts from US companies and have them delivered to Blaine Washington. It is the furthest North West you can go on the US mainland. But with the border closed to non essential travel, I will not be going there any time soon. Will have to wait and see what happens with the bike races. I will miss a big sail boat race this year due to the building. Hope to make it back next year.

UK

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am a happy person wherever I am. There were things for me to do, that finally got me here. Although Canada is metric, many things are in Imperial. We use feet for building. So 24 X 18 feet. The US has not changed, so we keep the old measurements for some things, but mostly building.
I often order bike parts from US companies and have them delivered to Blaine Washington. It is the furthest North West you can go on the US mainland. But with the border closed to non essential travel, I will not be going there any time soon. Will have to wait and see what happens with the bike races. I will miss a big sail boat race this year due to the building. Hope to make it back next year.

UK
Wow you are a pretty active person in all respects, I am always jealous of persons like you lol. We say in Turkish "Yasiyorsun bu hayati" which may be translated in English as "You are living this life", so without wasting even a smallest moment, in top quality, living to the fullest. You are also safe from Corona unlike us considering you are living away from the crowds but still could be open to discuss because I ve read that some "scientists" was making a lot effort to find out "deadly" virusses in nature away from the crowds : ))

141 - 160 of 205 Posts