Motorcycle Forum banner

201 - 220 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
BC Ferries is down 80% for vehicles and passengers. They have cut the run I take to 4 per day, plus 4 cargo only.
Previously folks had to leave their vehicles during the 2 hour trip. Now they can stay. I will have to check to see which ferries are used for cargo only. Probably the new big ones. I usually go down below on that one which could get boring.
I will try for an upper deck ride, and spend my time at the back of the boat, watching the ocean go by. The shops and food court are closed. The top decks are open, but a bit chilly this time of year. The boats are running around 19 knots and that creates a lot of chilly air.
To kill some time, there are thousands of silly movies to watch. Some surprise and are okay.
UK

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Living out here in the country, I'm not too concerned about the corona virus for myself. But my 2 granddaughters and 1 grandson live here "most of the time".
Almost every week my granddaughters go visit their dad in town and my grandson visits his mom. It's when they're not here with me that I get concerned for their safety and exposure to that virus.

I hope this ends soon.

·
American Legion Rider
20,598 Posts
I hope this ends soon.
So do I and really wish we would just go full lockdown rather than this state, town, county stuff. That is just going to drag this out unless we get serious about stopping it. But even with that I think the real victory will not happen until there is a vaccine. Then we got to wonder about next years mutation of the darn virus. But I really think this thing has been with us for years and was lumped in with the flu bug. They just have a name now so they can panic everyone. That's just my opinion.

·
7,253 Posts

This legislation seems weak to me.

I get a 'Legal pass,' because 'IT' is considered essential.

Too many loopholes means that we probably will all be infected sooner or later with various outcomes.

GOD save us!

Sam:unsure:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,581 Posts
I don't think the bike is wearing that mask right. It should be on the air intake

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I love brown beans with a big ham bone in it, fried taters and corn bread, but for a few days after that, we could use some masks like that one on the Ninja around here. (Not just 'cause of me either!)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Kind of reminded me, RG. It's about time for me to make a pot of Navy Bean Soup. After that (a month later) it's Red Beans and Rice. Looks like I'll be spending a couple of days in the garage, according to the wife.

·
American Legion Rider
20,598 Posts
but for a few days after that, we could use some masks like that one on the Ninja around here.
My wife started soaking beans at least 12 hours before cooking and it does seem to reduce the need for masks. It doesn't completely remove the need but it is a significant reduction. You do have to drain off and rinse them from the soaking water and not use it to cook with though. Every body is different so it may or may not help. I was surprised myself.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Not to hijack the current topic, i.e. beans ( :LOL: ) but I've found that a huge positive to this societal "shutdown" is that my family (including extended) has begun having conversations beyond a superficial level and that's been mostly a good thing. I've been able to get a lot of my "summer" projects done and my two girls have been a great help with the fence and lawnmower repair, painting, & porch column replacement. I don't think they'll ever learn how to keep their rooms clean, though...

Extra bonus is the huge reduction in traffic!

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Another positive I have found: I have slowly lost the excess weight I gained over the Christmas New Year party circuit.
I weigh myself every morning to see what effect the previous days activities had. Now I am moments away from fulfilling my promise to the doc. 160 pounds during my sixties, under 160 during my seventies.
The past two party seasons I have floated around 170. UK

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,581 Posts
get down to 150 and you should break a ton on the 400

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I'm sure most of the states will be out of lock down by then. Regardless of whether it ends at the end of April or the end of June Trump will take criticism from the left for doing it too soon when more deaths are certain either way. He has the best idea moving forward at this point (including correcting his mistakes) with the big bang plan. But I expect him to cave on that idea and let the left side push him around like he always does.

201 - 220 of 256 Posts