Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

Premium Member
Ya know, I personally have not made one single change in my daily plans. But I'm sure having them changed by what others are doing and it's bordering on ridiculous. 馃挗 No, some of it is ridiculous. :mad: :mad: :mad:
See my post Minor Crash for two winners.
Another winner is the concrete place that will deliver a load next week, and the inspector who is on the job.
I have stocked a bit better than in the past. Working on the cottage I am not going up Island as often. So there is a bit more food in the fridge. Aiming for two weeks supply.
The losers on my Island are the folks who are getting a bit beyond grumpy. This thing is affecting everyone, not just them.
Pneumonia took out my dad at about 86. He should have lived to at least 100, but he was happy to depart.
It does not worry me now, but I suppose I could be more susceptible in another 15 years or so.
If my MIL gets it and dies, I hope they will at least say, she is 102.

UK

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #22
Those coming back to the state.
OK, thanks for the clarification. That just raised a whole new issue with me. If I'm understanding this correctly and the governor just ordered a mandatory quarantine for a group of seemingly healthy people that have not so much have even come out of a "hot spot" area, that is sounding like the most radical decision I have heard yet outside of CA. I'll hold off until at least the end of the day, but that governor I think is going to make my loser pick of the day.

Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
Actually he is being very proactive. He seems to be ahead of the curve trying to control this in state. I applaud him, for not waiting for someone else to make a decision. His decisions may not sit well with everyone but I for one think the is doing the right thing. Maybe it was all that time in the military, who knows.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #25
My loser picks of the day:
Governor of Maryland:
For reasons stated above.

T-Mobile:
Along with other out of line procedures, decides the way to be corona "safe" is to close some stores. Which in effect just drives a bigger crowd of people into the stores remaining open.
No winners today.

New running total:
Losers 6
Winners 2

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #27
My winner pick of the day:
President Trump:
Focusing on what he should be the ECONOMY. I still don't agree with his just let the money rain policy. That just reminds me of one of the worst leaders of all time cough cough I think we all know who that was. But I'll take what I can get.
Then I reserve the right to flop

Ace Tuner
That just reminds me of one of the worst leaders of all time cough cough I think we all know who that was.
Jimmy Carter ?
No wait he was the second worst, or maybe tied for worst.
So what is the prize if I'm right? There is a prize isn't there???

S F

My winner pick of the day:
President Trump:
Focusing on what he should be the ECONOMY. I still don't agree with his just let the money rain policy. That just reminds me of one of the worst leaders of all time cough cough I think we all know who that was. But I'll take what I can get.
Then I reserve the right to flop

So the health and welfare of the nation isn't important to you, just money in your pocket? Money isn't going to do you any good if you are dead!

Premium Member
Wot is often missing from the conversation, is the state of the immune system in an apparently healthy person. England just reported the death of a 27 year lady with no preexisting conditions. We will probably have to wait a while before more in depth details emerge.
UK

This may be the most misquoted verse in all of the Bible.

I Timothy 6:10 - "For the love of money is the root of all evil..."
Thanks for the correction. But that would mean if I just like money....................

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #36
For the record:
I personally do not love money. But I do have a deep respect for it. I know first hand what it's like to have none at all. And how fast you can lose it when you do have it.

Registered
Winners: Gold owners

Losers: Who sold their golds thinking its losing value.
Gold is gaining value nowadays but will sharply lose value again, dont sell it this time if you have any. "Someones" are doing that to cause "panic selling" and buying it from you. Not only Gold but Silver too.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #38
On a positive note:
If we descend into anarchy dirt will gain a higher value than gold. And we can use our currency to wipe our butts with.

Registered
Winners: Motorcyclists! Lot less traffic on the highways, price of fuel going down, better weather arriving.

Losers: China. Not many people buying their BS story the U.S. created their killer virus.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts