Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm expecting more and more of the crazies to come out of the woodwork. Maybe even violent crimes escalating all due to the corona scare. I'll be documenting some of the stories I hear about it here. I have a video of one such event I posted on another thread yesterday, maybe I'll end up dragging it over here later.

But for now a news story being reported of someone drawing a gun on 2 women. Reason being, they were wearing face masks and gloves and the man thought they had the corona and was violating "social distancing". And to top it off with a cherry, it all went down inside a post office.
Doesn't he know it is illegal to carry a firearm inside a post office

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
It is crazy. There are also scammers trying to sell fake corona virus test kits. Trying to take advantage of other peoples fears, despicable.

·
Nightfly
3,883 Posts
Phone scams for me have slowed but email has picked up quite a bit. Crazies have always been around and now they have just as much free time as the rest of us. bpe you're in the Atlanta area, that place is always filled nuts and crazies.

·
Nightfly
3,883 Posts
China has been buying us for years. It's all about the dollar. If anyone has ever watched Shark Tank you would have seen numerous people plugging a product and the Sharks asking if they can get a better price for production. The answer is always the same. Go to China, they do it cheaper. The Sharks will be the very first to tell them that China is their best deal. No wonder we don't make anything here. Do we demand that all the products we buy be of the lowest possible price? Maybe we do, everyone like a bargain. Its taken years to get this point and will a long time to get it back, if we even care enough to do so...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm expecting more and more of the crazies to come out of the woodwork. Maybe even violent crimes escalating all due to the corona scare. I'll be documenting some of the stories I hear about it here.
Many elder people found abandoned or dead from hunger and thirst in care homes in Spain and in France.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You do know that it ain't against the law, right?..... For THEM !

S F
Well... it WAS. Back a few years ago when insider trading by Congress on a mass scale was revealed, they made a great public fanfare about how awful it was and made it illegal -- for about 6 months. Then, quietly and literally in the middle of the night they repealed that law. And it was one of those rare things they do that was not a Republican or Democrat thing -- it was all of them. That's just one of the reasons I have no faith in either party. It's all about power=money=power, and in that regard it doesn't matter whether their names are followed by a D or an R -- they're all the same.

·
Nightfly
3,883 Posts
It was called the Stock Act, and was designed to prevent our Congress from nefarious activities, i.e., purchasing stock by way of their acquisition of inside information. Rather than list all the reasons they gave, telling us why they are now exempt from it, as the list is quite long, I find it more than ironic that lawmakers had to write and pass a bill that prevented them from using this information for personal gain. These are lawyers, imagine that. I've said this many times, our best and finest crooks and criminals do not come from the tough streets of our big cities, no, they are located in our own Congress in Washington D.C. Have been educated in supposedly our best colleges, Harvard, Yale, Brown, Stanford, take your pick. And we are told we need these highly educated people to properly run our very complex and apparently very profitable government. I'm a firm believer in term limits but how do you get people to vote themselves out of a job. Educating the voter sounds good but the voter seems not to want to be educated, just promised free stuff. How many decades will it take before people realize the government is good at making promises, just never fulfilling them. And they actually have no intention of making good on them. But the hoi polloi just keeps voting them in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
"The human brain is an amazing organ. It starts working in the mother's womb and doesn't stop until you get elected to Congress." - Sen John Kennedy

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I think if everything they have done ever became public, there would be hell to pay! Not just today's crop of politicians, but all politicians still living today. (Since nothing can be done about the dead ones.)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think if everything they have done ever became public, there would be hell to pay! Not just today's crop of politicians, but all politicians still living today. (Since nothing can be done about the dead ones.)
imagine all those sexual harassment settlements they were talking about when poundmetoo started became public.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
If they had been a "regular" citizen, they would have been prosecuted, but they have access to large sums of taxpayer dollars, so they buy justice by paying off the victim, except that isn't justice.

Yeah, they are not subject to the laws they pass for everyone else.

·
Premium Member
7,052 Posts
Many years ago I bet on a horse to win the BC derby. It won, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I was friends with the jockey, and he had bought a new CB550 from me. Won by a nose BTW.
UK

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,005 Posts
I imagine they re-invested all the money they had pulled out, just before the close of the market Monday or early Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts