Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing more longer trips recently, and plan to do even more and longer trips in the future. Although the CBR600RR is the most comfortable of the 600 supersports, it's still not all that great for long distance riding (300-500 miles). I'm considering trading it plus some cash for an 06-08 Kawi ZX14. The insurance for the 06 and 07 are a little cheaper than my CBR, and the 08 would be about $10 more per month. The ZX gets better gas mileage than my CBR and gets longer distances between having to stop for fuel. My only thing is that I've got so much time, work, and personalization invested in my CBR I've become emotionally attached to it. I know that with time, the ZX would end up getting personalized and I would get attached to it as well, but letting go would be hard I think. I also don't find the ZX to be as pretty as my CBR in the looks department, but I think the comfort and such would outweigh that. Just kind of looking for input and opinions on this.

In case you don't know my bike; here are 3 pics:

When I bought it in 2012:

And now:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd personaly go for a Hayabusa 1300 for a super sport touring bike, zx14 looks even more hideous tbh. I've been doing long trips on my R6 aswell 12 hours rides + what saves my bag is just a normal tankbag filled with clothes. If you're supersport attached like me you might aswell buy a 1000cc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts