Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I know this ain't the right sub-forum for this kind of question but I can't post it in the appropiate one since my post count ain't high enough.

I have a Kawasaki Z750S from 2006 and I just took it for a 24.000 km (15.000 miles) service a few days ago, mentioning that the valves were to be looked at as I was informed by the user manual.

The shop when calls me on the day the service were to be done, to inform me that the valve check up were not to be done untill 42.000 km and wanted to hear if I wanted it done anyway. They adviced me to wait untill I reach 42k as doing it now would be a waste of money, so I told them to just do the other stuff included in the 24k service.

But I must say that I'm a little confused now. I asked them where they got the information and they said Kawasakis online site. I checked it and all I could find were the same manual as I already own, saying 24k.
I have used google to find out who is right and where the conflicting information might come from and I found some forum thread there people were talking about how valve adjustment intervals differed from the us/canada to the european region.

Anyone knows anything about this? I'm from europe so that might just be it but it's wierd that the user manual wouldn't mention this in a "black on white" sort of fasion.

Also, if it's my mechanic who messed up, would it be okay to postpone the valve check up untill the 30.000 service?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Did a quick search on the interweb and the kawa site said 15k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, same I got, thus the confusion, cause' why would they tell me it's to be done at the 42k mark, it's money they'll never get paid after all, by not doing it now.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
If you plan to keep the bike for more than 3 years I"d recommend you go ahead and get it done. Then you can ride in confidence your motor isn't going to take a dump, burn a valve, etc. And if it does, it's ON THEM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts