Motorcycle Forum banner

Compatible shift levers?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Retired Guy 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a new shift lever for my CM 450. I found shift levers for Honda CB 750, 900, 1100, and CB 650. Does anyone know if any of these shift levers are interchangeable and will fit a 1982 Honda CM 450?
It's either I get a answer here or wait until Monday and call a couple companies to find out.
The old one is a bit bent and rubbing holes in the top on my shoes.

#2 ·
Have you tried Honda? Looks like they are still available. Google Rocky Mountain ATV/MC and use their OEM Parts section to look it up. Any dealer that offers OEM Parts should be able to get these or even your local dealer. Sometimes tho you will run into that parts tech that automatically assumes that it’s unavailable simply because you mention an older bike. There is a tech at my local dealer that used to do that with my 1978 CT90 and I asked him to humor me one day... he did and would you believe, the spring I needed for my center stand was still available from Honda.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.