Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use help with a real pressing motorcycle problem. How to transport coffee on the way to work. First the disclaimers:
-I can't make coffee at work.
-I don't want to change my lifestyle in order to to just finish my coffee at home. Stubborn creature of habit.

I've found a decent solution but it isn't reliable every time. I duct tape the sip opening on my short Yeti mug. I place it on the bottom of my hard box side panniers. I then lodge an object like a bag or jacket so that it doesn't roll around.

The result? At best it just leaks a little coffee onto said bag. At worse, I once found it tipped completely upside-down. The duct tape saved half of it, but I had a mess.

I'll put up with whatever teasing and abuse I get here, but maybe someone out there has a great life hack for this.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I carry my Yeti in my tank bag, with other stuff that keeps it from spilling over. I have a lid that has a magnetic slide opening for the sipping. It leaks a little into the rim. I put a folded up paper towel over the lid for that.

·
Registered
Honda VFR1200X (sold), only mod was "The BoosterPlug".
280 Posts
I could use help with a real pressing motorcycle problem. How to transport coffee on the way to work. First the disclaimers:
-I can't make coffee at work.
-I don't want to change my lifestyle in order to to just finish my coffee at home. Stubborn creature of habit.

I've found a decent solution but it isn't reliable every time. I duct tape the sip opening on my short Yeti mug. I place it on the bottom of my hard box side panniers. I then lodge an object like a bag or jacket so that it doesn't roll around.

The result? At best it just leaks a little coffee onto said bag. At worse, I once found it tipped completely upside-down. The duct tape saved half of it, but I had a mess.

I'll put up with whatever teasing and abuse I get here, but maybe someone out there has a great life hack for this.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Or you could use a coffee butler thermos . It's a fancy thermos bottle that looks good .
I've used a thermos bottle , like below , for the past 30 + years . Pretty much indestructible .

And , we have used a butler , like below , for the past 25 years .

·
Visionary
5,740 Posts
My wife can't make coffee at work either, she has 2 cups hot at home then brings an iced Latte in every day. She puts 4 espresso shots, milk, sugar, and ice cubes into a giant Yeti cup that seals, then puts that on cup the side of her lunch bag that's sized to fit one of her saddle bags. It works flawlessly, never spills a drop. She does the same with hot coffee on occasion too. I told her to just buy a thermos but she likes the way this works so she stuck with it.

I just make coffee at work.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I have a cupholder on my handlebar. When I've been traveling across the country, I'd go to a truck stop in the morning, get a cup of coffee and put a lid on it. Just don't fill the cup all the way up, and be real careful how hard you squeeze the cup on I-80 at 75 MPH. It will burn.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts